We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Anit Virus software is best??

Nodz86

Looks like its between AVG and McAfee. I've always used McAfee but with that new secure site thing it doesn't always show all the pitures (well on Shars home PC). But it looks like I'll go with AVG and see how that goes.

BTW that problem with Shars laptop is probably somethin to do with that laptop itself, think it needs to be sent off to HP.

I'm currently using a program called Ashampoo Antivirus which I got free with a computing magazine. Only let down is that its only a two month trial.

But every time I do a virus scan it uses such a little amount of resources that I can still carry on working as normal. Its proved itself to be a pretty good program. Just a shame its a two month trial.

I'll probably end up going back to Norton which I get free for being with BT but before that I might try AVG because I havent heard people stop talking about it over the last few weeks.

I've been using Kaspersky for a few years now. Isn't free, but I really like it.

They give good support too!

Had Norton for 2 months when I got my homehub a while ago, it kept identifying threats but couldn't get rid of them... that's when I tried the Kaspersky trial and it found loads more and sorted them all no worries.