We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

5 minutes ago, Nick1999 said:

well ive changed lots of stuff to reach 435hp. Changed the turbos, new exhaust (as you can see in the pics), My friend tuned the ECU (not an electrical guru so i dunno how he did it, but i saw it he did it with the dyno and a computer). overall the turbos spools up fast and the sound is orgasmical 🙂

How do you change the turbo in a Naturally Aspirated engine? Also, ecu mapping? Lol

Just now, Milli said:

How do you change the turbo in a Naturally Aspirated engine? Also, ecu mapping? Lol

when i bought the car it had a turbo soo..probably previous owner put the turbo in it?

3 minutes ago, Nick1999 said:

when i bought the car it had a turbo soo..probably previous owner put the turbo in it?

So you bought an used and relatively old A6 with highly modded engine and transmission? Lol 

Just now, Milli said:

So you bought an used and relatively old A6 with highly modded engine and transmission? Lol 

It's not that old. It's still a good daily driver, dunno whats the issue now. But yes i bought a modded A6, and i do not regret it

4 minutes ago, Nick1999 said:

It's not that old. It's still a good daily driver, dunno whats the issue now. But yes i bought a modded A6, and i do not regret it

Could you take a photo of the engine? I would like to see the setup to arrange everything, like where the turbo is, where is the intercooler and such?

Edit: and a 2007 car is already 12 years old. That's quite some age now.

435 hp out of a that V6 isnt that much tbh, ive seen GTIs with 400hp out of 2.0l four bangers.

But i'd like to see that engine bay as well, Im curious how they packed it in there, I know these engines are quite packed in there.

I'm sure you could make more but 400 is plenty on the road if we're being realistic.

@Milli Cars from the past 25 years seem to be hanging around longer than cars from the previous 25 years, there seems to be more longevity in cars from the late 90s-00s. I still see 20-year-old 206s on a daily basis... none as pretty as mine was mind you 😉

23 minutes ago, TIMELESS said:

I'm sure you could make more but 400 is plenty on the road if we're being realistic.

@Milli Cars from the past 25 years seem to be hanging around longer than cars from the previous 25 years, there seems to be more longevity in cars from the late 90s-00s. I still see 20-year-old 206s on a daily basis... none as pretty as mine was mind you 😉

The biggest concern is the fact that the car is highly modified. And usualy, highly modified cars when get sold, is nothing but a bucket of problems. 

12 hours ago, Milli said:

It is not everyday that you see a car from 1957 in the streets, i suppose. Plus, i believe these were really popular back then, no?

The Morris Minor is consider THE 50's car of Britain, everyone over a certain age seems to have had one of have good memory's of one. 🙂 

I used it every opportunity I could last summer, nipping to the ships? Excuse to drive. Local car show? Excuse for a drive 

-

With Nick1999's A6, I don't doubt its highly modded and i bet its a rocket on the roads!

Where I am chipping and modding anything German is all the rage. Silly power can be gained from just plugging in a laptop, let alone throwing parts at it.  Ages doesn't play much of a part in it either...One friend is running a highly modded B7 RS4 with no problems,  yet another has a Mk1 Fabia VRS and yet its problem after problem.

Edited by calster17

Probably because RS4 has a V8 which is durable, four bangers arent as reliable especially when you start extracting crazy powers from them, pretty much only reason im keeping my Golf on stock power.

Edited by RobikV3

Seems like I go through cars a lot these days lol. I no longer have the Mustang as I was having problems with things like the A/C, radiator hoses and a lot of other things that were getting annoying. So I decided it was time for something a little more practical. I searched for a long time before I found this mint Mk7 Golf GTI. 16k miles and all stock.

Meanwhile in 86 news, I got my new Corbeau seat installed, then we had a long spell of rain here in Southern California for 2 months that meant it had to stay parked. Then when I went to start it it had a fuel leak so took some time and finally after months the 86 is back and healthyish. The timing is off at the moment so I need to go in and check it out when I have time. 

59855980_2170176123063473_58051968924217

64533204_2234216433326108_26023318300865

64386097_2233211663426585_41824576684488

Haven't posted on here in ages. Almost bought a late 2008 BMW 330D LCI back in May this year, but there was a problem with its history which I found through doing a car check even though the dealer said it was all clear when I was looking around the car - always do your own checks no matter what. To be fair I don't think he had done as indepth a check as I did so he was unaware and refunded my deposit no questions. Normally I'd do a vehicle check before even setting off to see the car, but experience showed that these E90 330Ds don't hang around when they're a decent specification. I also expressed interest in a house around the same time (my first home), so after the car ended up being a bit of a flop I just gave up with looking for another car for the foreseeable and as such I'm still rolling around in the E46 after almost six years. 166,000 miles now...

1.jpg

Edited by GTAMADDOG