We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fuel Consumption

Eudemon

Fuel Consumption in TDU2?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Fuel Consumption in TDU2?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a true boy racer, I would say yes but as an option. It would be fun trying it at some point but I prefer long driving, pedal to the metal, burnouts, driftings and etc., which means a lot of fuel will get used very quickly. I'm just not used to having a fuel limit when driving like an idiot. :lol:

A round the island race could be interesting if you'd forgotten to fill up before hand. It could mean the difference between winning and losing which, although probably frustrating, would at the same time make the game more strategic and edgey. I personally wouldn't mind that.

Then again it might be implemented so that a full tank of fuel is added at the start of each race automatically or fuel useage may be turned off for races entirely. We'll just have to wait and see.

I voted Yes, as an option. I think it would be a great novelty when cruising around online or offline but may become annoying after a while when racing and doing whatever other challengers may be in TDU 2, so and option to turning it off would be great. Although with some of the cars in the game there may have to be alot of petrol stations, I can't imagine you'd make it very far in a Veyron going as fast a possible. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What I want to know is what happens if you actually run out of fuel!? Considering you can walk around outside the cars now, is it a matter of a long walk to a gas station and back with a can of fuel!? Can we hitchhike now!? :D

Guest mr cars

Maybe it should act as a temporary performance booster. Say you fill your tank and you get 200 miles of performance bosst, but it could vary so the Gas guzzling Excotics, muscles and 4x4s get less mileage out of the fuel, and it could also depend on your driving!

Hurrr durrr.

If each car had a varying fuel mileage on one tank you could do a Top Gear-esque MPG challenge and compare three cars to see which one would run out of fuel first, or which could cover a certain distance and use the least fuel.

Or maybe I'm just boring.

Hurrr durrr.

If each car had a varying fuel mileage on one tank you could do a Top Gear-esque MPG challenge and compare three cars to see which one would run out of fuel first, or which could cover a certain distance and use the least fuel.

Or maybe I'm just boring.

Good idea!

I read that even the fastest car will take 20 minutes to cross the island.

Even if a fast car would empty its tank at full speed in 20 minutes (and that is if you were at that speed all the time) it is still going to get a lot of miles done in that time, most vehicles have large tanks too, and i seem to remember a Top Gear Challenge where Jeremy drove a diesel V8 Twin Turbo Audi A8 800 miles on a tank.

I would have it turned on all the time if it was an option. I love a challenge thats why i drive a Ford Focus 03 in Forza3 for drifting.

I'm going to be the annoying one....i voted no!:eek2:

Why? Well it could be an idea, but i dont want the situation where in the middle of a cruze i run out of fuel? If, lets say they do a system where it spawns you at the nearest Petrol station? what if thats a few miles away...i end up a few miles away from the cruze and they end up having to wait? I could see this happing more with my friend as he's most likly to use a muscle while i'm in a Exige.....

Although i'll probs end up changing my mind to 'Don't mind'.....as long as Jerry Cans can be used...i'd easly settle if you can have 2 of them strapped to the rollbars of a Caterham!:cool:

I find Fuel to be an over-rated feature for alot of people, especially when in the context of an open world game such as TDU. Though Fuel has it's place in endurance racing and other competitive environments, there's not much of a net gain by having it forced upon you so you're effectively forced to move to the nearest gas station every so often, away from your current location whether you like it or not. Though it's a nice thing on the face of it for just cruising, it will simply become routine as in real life.

For that reason (if I were able to vote) I'd vote as an option at most, though if something else was to be removed at it's expense I would likely disapprove.

If they made it so that when you went to your house and swapped to another car, the old one was automatically filled up (by your butler, which you could unlock once you get to a certain level), then it wouldn't be that big a deal. You only keep the one car mostly when on a long cruise, and that's when you want to be making fuel stops, so that you can go grab a snack or something.

Even on the PS2 version I spent long, very long periods in the mountains and hills (where it would be silly to see a gas station) and didn't change cars on a regular basis. I usually sit down for a session pick one car and stick with it. I simply don't want to be forced to drive back down the mountain, or teleport away (with the ability to jump to roads, it's really pointless having fuel in cruise). It seems like an unneccessary restriction to be forced on me, which is why I'd like it optional so I only need worry about it when I'm in the mood to do so which will almost solely consist of a previously planned long route. Even then in terms of gameplay there's not alot thrilling about pulling into a gas station, if I need/want a break from driving I'll just pull over myself.