We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope TDU2 has a similar offering with its secret police modes, since TDU2 will support a Logitech G25.

Did anyone think that track in the trailer looked similar to the Redwood forest from NFS HP2?

Here's the YouTube version:

That looks pretty cool.

Although the gameplay could be a bit limited (chase orj be chased) compared to what we're used to from Criterion... although it will probably be much better for NFS.

Awesome how they allowed real players to be part of that trailer. Have played with ZombieUK a couple of time in Paradise. Ace fun.

Am loving the Reventon cop car, in fact all those car models look real sweet. Except for the Veyron, which despite everything has become boring and cliched for me ;)

Need For Speed: Burnout

The Real cars and modding of NFS mixed with the crashing of Burnout 3!

Ok thats not it, and they want to keep the two away from each other!

Beeing a NFS game, it can go eather way! Shift was good as it was a Shift(pun intended) from the sort of "Mr Nova with enough glassfiber on my car to make it a TVR" to a more trackdayish feel! Although the fan's of NFS are devided on it! Some like it(such as me) and others hate it as it's not an open map, police or beeing able to 'pimp ma ride'! And you seen what happened after ProStreet:eek:

Anyways, Criterion games will make a good job of it! Hopefully taking some aspects from Paradise! Although not too much....I want to next Burnout game to be just as epic as Paradise! Personally i'm hoping for a freerome part on it(like Paradise) I'll be honest i missed out on the HP NFS's...i started with Underground 2!(and everyone since!)

The video and pic's look nice! Hopefully they can follow it up with a good game!

Me thinks i shot and missed the mark with this post! :S

I was guessing that it was not on PC due to the NFS-World game.

But seriously, why would I buy it on PC anyway? Both Burnout Paradise and NFS Shift treated PC users as second-class, so I will probably buy the game on the 360 and I'll wait and see what the PC version is like. The only reason to get the PC version would be if friends chose that platform (I'm guessing most will). Still, at least I'd have another game to play with Diablo and the gang. :)

I was thinking and I'll probably buy game for PC and PS3.Reason.Well read what Ryzza said in post before mine.But I am glad that there is PC version.And I'll not be cop,although they have that sexy LP640.

I like the Reventon cop car, though that's uber retarded. Plus did anyone think that the colors are brighter than any NFS till now? Looks better any way,without some kind of "environment" as in MW, Undercover and stuff. Still hoping for something good, and hope it's for teh PC now, as I got my 360 wrecked today...:crying:

Product Features

Platform: PC

• Career ? For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers
  • Need For Speed Autolog ? In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other?s games, enabling them to compare and share
  • Weapons and Equipment ? Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit
  • Cars ? In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter. Experience the thrill of driving the world?s most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds
  • Seacrest County ? Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game

Looks good. But if the story line is like Undercover's...well..I still have TDU 2.

My friend and I have been talking about this for over a year wishing someone would re-do Hot Pursuit 2 (our favorite NFS game) but update it for the newer consoles.

We would joke around about it all the time and now it's coming out! WOW!

Everyone has their thoughts on which NFS is their favorite or the best. For us it has always been Hot Pusuit 2. So actually seeing it come to light is amazing, never thought they would ever even consider going back to those roots.

Not really concerned with customization or tuning so much, if it's anything like the original game but on steroids I will be more than happy.

Seeing the Lambo SuperVeloce in it is two thumbs up!!:thumbsup:

I will be buying in November if it is not delayed!

• 1 month later...

I watched one of the devs talking about the game last night, and he said that any player should be able to drift any of the cars at 150mph after playing for 2 minutes.

Great - there's another NFS game ruined :rolleyes: