We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What games have you been playing recently?

The Queen

I have had this idea for a while now and thought I might as well make a topic for it.

We all know that people buy games but I am interested in knowing what type of games people are playing, whether it's the original Grand Theft Auto or a more recent game like Battlefield Bad Company 2. You could even say, if you are playing through the campaign on a game, where you are up to! It would also be nice to see which games you have recently completed or last completed and which ones you are currently playing through.

When you are posting, please put down the game/s and the platform you are playing them on.

I will start and give examples. ;)

Recently I have been playing Frontlines : Fuel of War on the PC and recently completed the story after 2 years of owning the game. Really fun and some intense FPS action throughout. I don't know why I didn't complete it sooner, it must have just got forgotten when playing other games.

I have also been playing Assassins Creed 2 on the Playstation 3 and recently completed the story and thoroughly enjoyed it and am in the process of going through the story on Alan Wake on the Xbox 360 and so far it seems really fun!

I am currently playing through Kane and Lynch : Dead Men on the PC as I feel it would be a good idea to play through the first one before the second one comes out, which is the middle of August. :cheeky:

-----------

If it's a pointless topic then it will just be another one which bites the dust, although I am hoping that people like the idea of it. :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been playing anything over the last week due to me being in Tenerife and all but before that I was playing Just Cause 2 (PC) to death. I probably will when I get back from rallying this weekend as well. It's just so damn awesome to play pretty much maxed out thanks to my HD5850.

On the Xbox I've been playing TDU, just cruising around on that. Bad Company 2 multiplayer and the onslaught mode which is pretty fun. Recently got Crackdown 2 but I finished that and online doesn't work very well for me on it so that's going to gather dust now.

And for the PC, Age of Empires 3 with the expansions. But when my new graphics card comes I'll be on Stalker CoP more.

9356836498214.png.jpg

Well the list is quite big since i only play on PC.

-NFS Underground 2 - instaled again just becuse off the mods. Carrer complete

-TDU - crusing and racing sometimes - Single player not completed

-GTA EFLC - just have it to have fun with the cops - carrer completed both

-SLRR - becuse the features it has i the amount of fun you can have - Carrer not completed

Farming Simulator - When i'm really bored

TDU cruising

Need for speed Pro Street I want to finish carreer mode lol

Drift City just sometimes

Midtown Madness 2 playing it online lol

Midtown Madness 1 just for play

Sid Meier's Railroads for play it online lol

and as bit COD4 multiplayer

and nothing else I guess

It's just so damn awesome to play pretty much maxed out thanks to my HD5850.

High five's MADDOG :D Been playing that with a few mods. Also been trying to finish Mass Effect 2 and started Metal Gear Solid 4 as I bought a PS3 a few weeks ago. I also still play TDU from time to time.

In the Past week:

On the Pc, having gotten a Controler for it I've got GTR Evo running on it and TDU! Both of which are 100% better with a controller!:cool:

On the PS3 my Selection is much bigger! MCLA, NFS Shift, DiRT2 for online racing. Red Dead Redemption is also keeping me happy still, just going about and the online Is good for kicks, And having some of the Music from the Eastwood Films makes it better! And theres Katamari Forever...Most Random game you'll ever play! But it's soooo EPIC! Look it up if you havent seen it!

Still playing FM3, but mainly in the Tag hoppers online. Its amazing how often you can get kicked just for winning.

Also been playing Limbo... brilliant little game just released on XBL arcade.

Monkey Island 2 has been quite fun although its not very intuitive and a little slow moving.

Bought FEAR 2 last week on a cheap deal. Hated the demo but the full game was brilliant.

Bioshock2, Metro, Just Cause2 are also on my regular play cycle. Might drop JC2 to the back of the shelf soon as it gets real repetitive once you finish the story.

Am really looking forward to H*** Reach (but don't tell anyone here ;) ). The main campaign looks amazing and the new multiplayer Forge map is HUGE.

Following on from my first post in this thread. Been playing Kane and Lynch quite a bit the past few day and already on Chapter 14 and due to there being only 16 Chapters, I can see myself being finished later, ready to do some Kane and Lynch 2 demo multiplayer with Stinger and then possibly starting Quantum of Solace (PC) later on or tomorrow. :D

I also have the original Mafia on it's way from Amazon and will be playing through that before the second gets released later next month. :p

Nice to see the games that people are playing. I am aiming to get back into the story of Just Cause 2 and finishing it unlike last time where I gave up and with the recent half price sale on Steam of the DLC, I will need to try it out! :D

I will also get back into Metro sometime next month and possibly try out the DLC for Heavy Rain on the Playstation 3.

I also have the original Mafia on it's way from Amazon and will be playing through that before the second gets released later next month. :p

Oh Hell yes. I've been waiting for Mafia II for years, well basically since 2004 when the first game was released. I love(d) the original so much, driving 1930s cars around getting shot at by gang-members with Tommy guns with the classic 30s music playing in the background.

Actually cannot wait for the second incarnation. It shouldn't disappoint at all.

TDU cruising

Need for speed Pro Street I want to finish carreer mode lol

Drift City just sometimes

Midtown Madness 2 playing it online lol

Midtown Madness 1 just for play

Sid Meier's Railroads for play it online lol

and as bit COD4 multiplayer

and nothing else I guess

Yay MM2 :D

For me on pc (basically everything lol) its:

TDU

NFS Undercover

NFS ProStreet (customization in that game is epic :drool:)

Midtown Madness 2 (hehe)

Burnout Paradise

Non-racing games include:

Battlefield 2 (not so much anymore)

Star Wars Battlefront 2

and Alien Swarm recently :D

• 3 weeks later...

Time to bump this topic up. C'mon guys, I know there's a lot of others who are gaming. ;)

I have since completed Quantum of Solace and Kane and Lynch Dead Men and bought and completed Machinarium, which was incredibly fun and pretty damn tricky!

I have also been playing some custom levels on LittleBigPlanet and have been on the Mafia 2 demo on steam a lot recently experimenting with different weather settings. I have also been messing around on Just Cause 2 and also started the story on Batman Arkham Asylum again as I had a save before but GFWL wouldn't allow me to load it.

I did some of the Spec Ops missions on Modern Warfare 2 on the Xbox 360 and messing around in Far Cry 2 on the PC having some general fun with AI. I have since got back into rFactor and downloaded some mods such as the 1970's racing car mod and I have also reinstalled FSX with some mods and been flying around at different locations. I also had some fun nights on the Live For Speed S2 demo with a friend online and am seriously considering purchasing it!

I popped back on Test Drive the other day on PC to test some of Tool's mods out and various sound mods. I have started the story on Indigo Prophecy aka Fahrenheit and got up to about the 3rd or 4th chapter. I had a short go on Theme Hospital the other night with a friend which was pretty fun although I had to run the game through DosBox to get it to work, which was a pain!

I was playing Plants vs Zombies the other day and got pretty addicted to playing it and was on it for a couple of hours. I was also on Tropico 3 on steam with a friend and have been on Alien Swarm at various times. I also had a short go on Cryostasis and finally managed to get it working which was fun after countless restarts and even starting the story again.

In the next few days I am aiming to play through Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days on the PC, which I recieved on Wednesday through the post from ShopTo and was unable to install it until yesterday due to Steam's silly release check thing. I also want to try and start the story again on Wings of Prey and possibly play through some more on Batman and maybe even do some more Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 in the next few days.

Your last comments about Batman: Arkham Asylum and Red Dead Redemption made me laugh, wonder where you got that idea from ;)

Well in the last month or two, I've bought a fair few games.

I bought Split Second and Blur on the same day, played Split Second first and completed the single player story overnight basically. Only 465G though, so a bit more to do there.

Then straight on to Blur the next day, which I ran through pretty fast too. I just can't get enough of racing games, love new ones but they never seem to be worth a replay as opposed to action. 455G on Blur.

Then I bought Assassin's Creed 2, Final Fantasy XIII and Army of Two: 40th Day from ShopTo of course. Played Assassin's Creed 2 first and truly believe it's one of the best games I've ever played. Took me approximately 5 days to get to 1000G I believe, awesome. Also will more than likely be getting the collector's edition of Brotherhood, can't wait for November.

Next I put in Final Fantasy XIII, but really did not enjoy it. So many cutscenes I feel like a child. At one point I watched a really long cutscenes, was allowed control to run in a straight line across a bridge, then triggered another cutscene. It just frustrated me. So I put in Army of Two: 40th Day to relieve me. 15G on FFXIII btw.

Love Army of Two:40th Day, played though the story the first day. Then played through it again the next day. 455G so far, but plan to do more, with more play throughs on Coop hopefully plus I need to get the collectables.

Since then I decided to catch up some missing gamerscore on games I didn't thouroughly play the first time (as if you haven't guessed from this post so far!) So I finally got 100% on Red Dead Redemption after being on 96% for a few months, which carried a nice 100G to take my total to 750G on it which is an okay result.

Then put in Bayonetta since on my first play through I got to the penultimate level, died, turned off the 360 and never played the game again. But anyway I finally completed that too, only 455G though which is a bit of a disappointing score.

On a similar story, when Poison Ivy killed me on Batman: Arkham Asylum, I switched it off and didn't play it for 10 months. Then yesterday I finally got around to completing it on Normal difficulting and collecting all the collectables, so I'm up to 665G on that, which is more acceptable than Bayonetta in my opinion.

Next games on the list to play are more probably Wet and Riddick: Dark Athena which I have yet to play. I might just buy Just Cause 2 or maybe even Mafia II though, so who knows what I'll be doing next. Let me know what I should do next :)

Highlighted all the game names the first time I mentioned them so you can see what this ramble is about, can you tell I'm bored?

By the way, I'm not obsessed by gamerscore as this post may seem, I just like to have a high percentage completion on games, and gamerscore reflects this.

I'm a completionist, just a lazy one.

Just Cause 2 and Mafia 2 I'd say will definitely be worth your time and money. Well I know/guarantee they are for me. Pre-ordered Mafia 2, I already have Just Cause 2 and love it.

I bought Borderlands recently. Took a while for me to get used to it, I'm a guy who just likes to rush in all guns blazing without any thought which is practically the complete opposite from what I've gathered on Borderlands because of the RPG aspect to it but I'm liking it.

Games I have been playing recently...

Batman: Arkham Assylum

Flight Simulator X

The Sims 3 and Expanions

Mafia II Demo

DiRT2

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Alien Swarm

Mirror's Edge

Race On

rFactor

iRacing

GRID

Forza 3

This was all in the space of a week or so.