We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

Since I've noticed a lot of chatter about this forming in the announce thread, I thought I'd make it's own thread here so people don't miss it.

Atari Shifts Test Drive® Unlimited 2 Into First Quarter 2011; New Beta Dates Announced Soon

Today we have an announcement pertaining to the release schedule for the highly anticipated Test Drive® Unlimited 2. Please see the following announcement for the details on the change in schedule and beta program:

Dear TDU2 Community and fans,

Eden and Atari are announcing today that the release date of Test Drive Unlimited 2 is being moved back to Q1 2011. We wanted to take some time to talk to you specifically, our community and fans, and explain why this is and what it means for you.

As we are sure you are aware, TDU2 is a highly ambitious game and also very big. Since locking down the final features, some months ago, we have been busy getting the bugs out of the game, polishing all of the features to make the game as fun as possible, and ensuring that we deliver a robust and reliable online service from the day we go live. We’re at the point now where we have a pretty solid game, which is fun and could be launched shortly. However, with a few extra months of polish it could be even better.

We know that this delay will come as a disappointment to many of you but we hope that you will understand the benefits of taking the time to get this right, because it now gives us more time to listen and respond to feedback from the Beta program. We will be announcing the new Beta dates shortly, as well as revealing exclusive Beta tester rewards, as a thank you for their patience and continuing support.

Thank you,

The Test Drive Unlimited 2 Team

Source: http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com/node/214

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now they better let me in the beta or I'll jump off a cliff. Or preorder Black Ops. Dunno which is worse. :lol:

...as well as revealing exclusive Beta tester rewards, as a thank you for their patience and continuing support...

Exclusive Lamborghini Murcielago SV only for the 10 betatesters! Yeah!

I actually applaud this, yes I'm annoyed at the delay but all the same at least they are doing it right in taking the extra time to get it out and not just rushing it out which many people would moan about if they were to do this.

It's a lose/lose situation for Atari in this way as people will moan about the delay but they would also moan about a bug filled rushed game also.

Hmm could this new delay pertain to bikes being in on release day now? :susp:

@Andreaz: Haha yeah no 's' word in sight, that's good to see.

I actually applaud this, yes I'm annoyed at the delay but all the same at least they are doing it right in taking the extra time to get it out and not just rushing it out which many people would moan about if they were to do this.

It's a lose/lose situation for Atari in this way as people will moan about the delay but they would also moan about a bug filled rushed game also.

Hmm could this new delay pertain to bikes being in on release day now? :susp:

@Andreaz: Haha yeah no 's' word in sight, that's good to see.

What people would moan about more is if the game was still full of bugs even after the delay. :D :crying:

Some more cool vids and pics would be a bonus? but then the Beta should be open public so that way that get a better feedback from the public Who will be buying this and playing it all the time.

They need to sort the official login page out too on the site as I put my details in and I keep getting name or password incorrect? der I know what my name is and the password I use?

Moan over sorry....