We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Delayed!!!

Speed

This delay is very disrespectfull to us loyalist's this kind of behavior should not be allowed not one bit. 4 years of waiting for nothing on the next installment of this game make it 5 now all the time and money people like us have spent creating our own tdu worlds,....waiting for sep 21 2010 only to be stripped away of such and honor makes me feel like a dumb person...How can atari and eden take us for granted like this. it's wrong!!!.....Now to the demands your beta will not start till November or December. i would radther get a new car pack for tdu1 than to wait for the beta thats probably 2 or 3 month's away just for making us wait so long and waist such time of our lifes in such away.:mad:

Seriously?

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

monstro, remember something...its just a game. non gamers would say that we waste our lives playing games in the first place when we could be out doing something with friends and family. if this kind of thing brings out such animosity in you, i hope nothing truly bad ever happens to you or your loved ones.

lets put this in perspective here, as many similar posts have been made here and at the tdu2 forums. IT IS ONLY A GAME, a way to pass time. none of us will ever get paid for playing, in all likelihood it will never help us get that dream job or meet our "Soul Mate".

it is just a habit, a hobby, a diversion from the every day nonsense. nothing more,nothing less.

They say the first step is to admit it: i am a videogames junkie and i am proud of it!! And as i said in TDU2, take in consideration we have received very few screens and videos, and that the time between announcement and release date was too short. Meaning: Eden never had planned to release the game in september, it was just for cheap marketing and publicity but obviously that's something they are never going to admit. And please i don't want nobody to come and tell me i'm wrong cuz my BA is in Management. I do was incredibly blind for not seeing this before.

Oh well.

A least they say the delay is with good reason.

So it can only be a positive thing in the long run.

Can wait a few more months... although 1st quarter of '11 I'm getting a new mountain bike (old ones more than a year old now ;) ). Which means my wife is not going to be happy because I'll either be riding my bike or playing TDU2. :eek:

Not sure what to think about the beta rewards though. Seems like just another reward for Elitism to me.

Oh well.

A least they say the delay is with good reason.

So it can only be a positive thing in the long run.

Can wait a few more months... although 1st quarter of '11 I'm getting a new mountain bike (old ones more than a year old now ;) ). Which means my wife is not going to be happy because I'll either be riding my bike or playing TDU2. :eek:

Not sure what to think about the beta rewards though. Seems like just another reward for Elitism to me.

if you really are elite - what's wrong with being rewarded for it?

some on tdu1 really deserved to be treated better...

i'm not saying anyone lucky enough to be in the beta should be given more ontop of just being in.

i'm saying those that prove they are exceptional get rewarded.

90% of the time in tdu1 you're encountering players you've never met before and (on 360 at least) they can be the most disrespectfull big mouthed idiots.

it all ads up to tdu2 being a much more singular experience too and surely that can only be a good thing?

*please stay calm everyone this post is not intended to offend :)

If they do reward beta testers, they should only reward the ones that have given an adequate amount of feedback and not used it as a demo.

I also think it'd be a good idea if they gave something to all the people who applied for the beta that didn't get in. If just to say that they did notice you.

Some people really do need to be grabbed by the shoulders, shaken violently, slapped and told to stop being hysterical. A game is just a game, a means of entertainment, not a lifestyle.

They say the first step is to admit it: i am a videogames junkie and i am proud of it!! And as i said in TDU2, take in consideration we have received very few screens and videos, and that the time between announcement and release date was too short. Meaning: Eden never had planned to release the game in september, it was just for cheap marketing and publicity but obviously that's something they are never going to admit. And please i don't want nobody to come and tell me i'm wrong cuz my BA is in Management. I do was incredibly blind for not seeing this before.

Or you could apply Occam's Razor.

This delay is very disrespectfull, 2 or 3 month's away just for making us wait so long and waist such time of our lifes in such away.:mad:

OK how have they been disrespectful? They (Atari) have announced this and given notice. Yes it is just over a month for what was going to be the release but hay I would rather have a game with next to NO bugs and have to wait an extra couple of months for it.

Secondly....How are Atari making you waste time? have they got your hands tied behind your back and making you or forcing you to play this game.....No you have a choice and you make the choice to moan about Atari making the gaming better for the community?

Beats me how you can sit there and slate all that is good about this new TDU2, It has everything that we have asked for as Gamers, weather its PC,PS3 or Xbox, We all stand united to have a full and ready game to play with less bugs and better online gaming.

More interacting with each other on a gaming level which has not been done in refference to Partying on a yatch or villa in a game.

Where else can you drive these brillient cars and have interaction like this?

So my point is stop moaning and just wait for what is going to be EPIC.....After all you are still playing TDU1 arnt you!!! My point exactly......EPIC

I got to thinking last night, maybe the game was delayed because they might be adding new content, more specifically, the content we and other forums have requested that have not yet made it into TDU2. Sure I was really excited that it was going to be released next month, but if they're putting in even more content and perfecting the game, then I would rather wait. Besides GT5 and NFS HP are coming out soon so I can play those while I wait for TDU2.

if you really are elite - what's wrong with being rewarded for it?

In a game the elitist should not be given extra help to make their play easier/more enjoyable.

Everyone should be given the same options/chances/gear... even the playing field.

If your worried about meeting n00b douches then I'm sure Atari have the foresight to include private rooms/parties in their online stuff.

:p

I got to thinking last night, maybe the game was delayed because they might be adding new content, more specifically, the content we and other forums have requested that have not yet made it into TDU2. Sure I was really excited that it was going to be released next month, but if they're putting in even more content and perfecting the game, then I would rather wait. Besides GT5 and NFS HP are coming out soon so I can play those while I wait for TDU2.

I surely hope so, I want fuel and wipers :( And this way, maybe Eden can satisfy all bikelovers by including them from the start...

This delay is very disrespectfull to us loyalist's this kind of behavior should not be allowed not one bit. 4 years of waiting for nothing on the next installment of this game make it 5 now all the time and money people like us have spent creating our own tdu worlds,....waiting for sep 21 2010 only to be stripped away of such and honor makes me feel like a dumb person...How can atari and eden take us for granted like this. it's wrong!!!.....Now to the demands your beta will not start till November or December. i would radther get a new car pack for tdu1 than to wait for the beta thats probably 2 or 3 month's away just for making us wait so long and waist such time of our lifes in such away.:mad:

Well you should. I'm going to list all the reasons why your post is idiotic and why this delay is a good thing for Atari/Eden, and for us:

1. Like others said, it's just a game. Get a life.
  2. Waited 4 years huh? So did we. So what are 4 months going to change?
  3. Be THANKFUL that there actually is a TDU2 coming out.
  4. Atari/Eden are kind enough, unlike soooo many other game producers, to actually care about our gaming experience. So WTF are you all on about? I bet you are the same person that comes whining because there are bugs in a game that was released too soon. :rolleyes:
  5. Releasing an "unfinished" product at a time (end of the year) when all the competition is releasing theirs, is not a good idea. Even less when considering Atari has had a rough past years.

Now stop :cry: like a baby :eek2:, it's just a bloody game that's being delayed...chill out!

Ok, whilst we get the idea that getting worked up over the delay is both pointless and sad, we shouldn't resort to member bashing. Crying that the game has been delayed isn't going to help, and neither is shooting down members who do. (even if they do deserve it for doing it a bit... passionately)

A couple of posts essentially saying 'grow up' are fair game, but we don't want new people signing up being scared of posting because they think that they'll get ripped o shreds for speaking their mind

Besides GT5 and NFS HP are coming out soon so I can play those while I wait for TDU2.

+1

That's a good point and I'm happy that I'll be able to buy one game and then spend a long time saving up again for TDU2.

$2.68 in my bank account ftl.