We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

So I was doing my standard issue Sunday morning car clean/check today and it got off to a brilliant start. I check the tyre pressures first every week just to be on the safe side. First tyre I check and it has 8PSI in it, 8PSI all the way down from 36PSI. I'm sat there thinking "I know this tyre had a slow leak, but this is taking the pee a bit as it only usually goes down to 27PSI over a week".

I carried on anyway, couldn't see anything suspicious about it, even looked on the inner side of the tyre to make sure nothing has happened to it and it all looked fine, so I topped it all the way back up to 36PSI and then set about washing the car. I start cleaning the wheels and the third wheel I come to has the tyre which had lost all of it's pressure. Clean it all up, clean the wheel arch. Then I notice tiny bubbles coming out of the top of the tyre so as you do I started poking the area with my finger and I could feel quite a bit of air seeping out. Got the phone out to light the area up a bit as I couldn't be bothered to find a torch and buried just out of sight is what I imagine is a nail which has lost it's head so it's almost invisible if inspecting a tyre at a quick glance.

The upside is I still have 4 spare Cyclone alloy wheels with tyres in the garage, I don't know why I still have them, but it's a good job I do as I don't need to go and get a new tyre now. Even better is the nail handily decided to imbed itself in the worst tyre on the car, some relatively unknown brand with less than 1mm of tread left until the wear indicators. Unfortunately most of the spare alloy wheels have budget brand tyres on them, one has a Goodyear tyre I've never heard of, but the wheel itself is scruffy and the tyre doesn't have much life left anyway, and one alloy is halfway through a refurb. So I've swapped a budget tyre for another budget tyre with a bit more tread on it, and hopefully it'll hold the air unlike the one I took off. It's on the back anyway, the two good tyres are on the front, but I plan on buying two new tyres soon anyway so I should end up with a decent set of four.

I need to make my posts shorter :cheeky:

tl;dr Tyre got a nail in it, luckily I have a spare set of wheels/tyres so I just swapped them over.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was driving back from uni down he dual carriageway and my bonnet started bouncing up and down in the wind! Slowed down and pulled over in the first lay-by and it turns out that the idiot from the garage decided that he would only put the bolts on the bonnet hinge and not tighten them up at all. The hinges were loose enough to let the bonnet safety catch come undone so the only thing stopping it from coming off was a small spring and piece of metal.

So yea, my bonnet nearly flew off at 70mph.

He also lied about doing the tracking. I had it on axle stands yesterday and saw that the tie-rods were still filthy. Couldn't even see the tread on them so there was no way he could've even attempted to do the tracking.

Not. Happy.

I used to go to the same barber shop for 13 years, and last month I finally decided it would be good to try a different one. OK, so last month I asked my classmate where does he go to get his haircut done. So I went there and was happy with the change I had made. They didn't do anything different on my head, it was just better quality for the same money. :duck: As my hair grows very fast, I had to go to the hairdresser's again today. Guess what happened. They messed it up. I told the woman (the one who did my haircut last month wasn't there) just to trim my little cutlets that I have, and what she did? She cut them too much! I was like 'WTF madam what the are you doing?! Are you high or what?!', my face went Rosso Scuderia red and then she asked me if the hair is okay; I told her "it isn't, lady, the left cutlet is longer than the right one, could you please redo it?" She did, but she also for the God's sake cut the left cutlet which was already too short!! Paid her 80 CZK, put a hat on my head and ran away from her. :fuming:

I'm angry and am looking like an idiot now. :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming:

I used to go to the same barber shop for 13 years, and last month I finally decided it would be good to try a different one. OK, so last month I asked my classmate where does he go to get his haircut done. So I went there and was happy with the change I had made. They didn't do anything different on my head, it was just better quality for the same money. :duck: As my hair grows very fast, I had to go to the hairdresser's again today. Guess what happened. They messed it up. I told the woman (the one who did my haircut last month wasn't there) just to trim my little cutlets that I have, and what she did? She cut them too much! I was like 'WTF madam what the are you doing?! Are you high or what?!', my face went Rosso Scuderia red and then she asked me if the hair is okay; I told her "it isn't, lady, the left cutlet is longer than the right one, could you please redo it?" She did, but she also for the God's sake cut the left cutlet which was already too short!! Paid her 80 CZK, put a hat on my head and ran away from her. :fuming:

I'm angry and am looking like an idiot now. :fuming: :fuming: :fuming: :fuming:

Count yourself lucky, my brother once had all his hair shaved off when we lived in France. He said something to the person in the barbers that he used to say in England which was interpreted as 'skinhead' I think.

Was hilarious, it was his own fault, he wore something with a hood up for like a month.

Count yourself lucky, my brother once had all his hair shaved off when we lived in France. He said something to the person in the barbers that he used to say in England which was interpreted as 'skinhead' I think.

Was hilarious, it was his own fault, he wore something with a hood up for like a month.

I've accidentally had my hair taken off entirely before, right down to the skin, because I fell asleep in the chair after telling the guy to "just shave it". Wore a toque (beanie?) for 2 months, and ended up with a honeycomb shaped sunburn all over my head

As for my bad day, got some sort of flu. Or at least that's what girlfriend and doctor say. I say it's the bubonic plague. Feel like death. Gah.