We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Is Gold!

Eudemon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not true at all. I've went 3 months without TDU once and lo and behold my save was fine.

1st - shame on you for being away that long.

2nd - try going 9-10months like most will do once tdu2 comes out and see if your save is intact.

see i've never lost my save this way but ask alan16ac - he lost he save just because he hadn't played the game in a long time.

i have no idea what sort of time limit runs a risk but i'm not willing to chance it knowing it takes at least $170,000,000 to get everthing back.

but if you don't care for my advice simply don't take it.

i'll still be checking back in regularly to keep the date on my save current.

you only have to make it to your house for it to update the save after all...

yup i'm serious - i'm not willing to risk going a 10month gap between saves on tdu lest i come back to find my save voided.

everyone i've spoken to that has gone through extended away period from tdu on 360 has returned to find their gamesave is useless.

i'm just saying what have you got to lose by loading up once or twice every 6 months?

whereas if you leave the game and go through tdu2 and a few side games and come back after a year or so to find your save is useless you will have lost it all.

i'm not saying it's a fact your game will be useless unless you play it every 6 months.

i'm saying i've heard too many stories and have too much to lose to risk otherwise.

I think it's more an unfortunate coincidence. Data does not typically corrupt by being left alone, moving it, adding more data around it, copying it, physical movement of the drive etc would all hold a greater risk. We can't entirely account for the other factors here. Time away though wouldn't make any sense, I know TDU was temperamental for some people but this seems to verge on paranoia. I'm happy to leave mine for months and see how it goes. It's been 4 already since I actually used the save. I shall happily experiment, I don't care if it corrupts now anyway. (:

I have my saves backed up :p

And besides if I lost one i could just add money to it xD

Saves dont delete themself thats just silly TDU is one of the worst games for corruting game saves. This is because of the autosave function when you change your traction settings or press the start menu. I was badly made its nothing to do with time.

EDIT: Just food for thought, once TDU2 is out why would you want to play the first one? Again just silly.

• 2 weeks later...

So ive been reading about the price and stuff...its 50.00 U.S. dollars..... thats what everyone is saying on all the websites but i went up to gamestop the other day to pre order and get rid of other games like grand theft auto and forza 3 ultimate so i put all the money i got from the games into the preorder but he said it was 60 dollars!! in my head i said you damn lieing people!!!:mad:

Also if you got test drive unlimited (first one not second) on xbox live just add me il cruise, drift, drag...anything you can think of!!

So ive been reading about the price and stuff...its 50.00 U.S. dollars..... thats what everyone is saying on all the websites but i went up to gamestop the other day to pre order and get rid of other games like grand theft auto and forza 3 ultimate so i put all the money i got from the games into the preorder but he said it was 60 dollars!! in my head i said you damn lieing people!!!:mad:

:welcome:

Well, the average would be fifty, I guess. PC is $40, consoles are $60. GTA and FM3 should have gotten you at least fifty, though.

-Leadfoot

;391989']:welcome:

Well, the average would be fifty, I guess. PC is $40, consoles are $60. GTA and FM3 should have gotten you at least fifty, though.

-Leadfoot

Ha yeah know thats what people would wish for for them games dude gamestop is cheap man those were only 2 of the 4 games i brought in the 4 i brought in was FM3 with DLC disc GTA the ballad of gay tony and the lost and the damned i brought in midnight club: los angelas and that was it they only gave me 25 dollars and fifty cents for all of it!! cheap bastards oops am i allowed to say that im new to this forum thing lol:)