We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need For Speed: The Run

Revan174

UPDATE 8/6/11: See post #21 for new stuff!

So I was stumbling around the interwebs today, and on the official Need for Speed Facebook page, I saw this teaser trailer for the next installment of the series, titled "The Run". No developer or gameplay features were shown, but it did show a release date for 18th November of this year.

Trailer:

Well... what do you guys think? Any thoughts, theories, or ideas? Let's see if the Need for Speed series can revive itself properly (aka up to NFS Most Wanted's standards, the crowning achievement of storyline balanced with gameplay in the series so far, in my opinion) with this title...

To be honest I think it might be good, but with only this teaser I can't say for certain. The only real thing driving me in so far is the Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake shown in the teaser :p

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the game the people at EA talked about being the "blow your socks off" game. And it's being developed by the same people who developed Undercover, if I'm not mistaken. If it is, it has been 2 years in production, which is a nice time to polish off a game taking into account EA's yearly production cycles. But if the game has enough customising, and aesthetic options, then it will survive as 90% of the people are like "pl0x gib us underground 3" as they can't handle simulation racers. Plus I'm pretty sure that the physics are different from Undercover too. If not, then that's another potential game down the bin. Will be following this though, as an avid NFS fan. >_>

Map says San Francisco. Surprised they didn't make their own location. But then again it is just a trailer, so it might not be certain.

Also, I believe I saw a Taurus SHO police car, so Killalldude will be quite happy. Also saw what I think was a BMW M3 GTS.

Map says San Francisco. Surprised they didn't make their own location. But then again it is just a trailer, so it might not be certain.

It also says "Denver" and "New York" at certain points, near the end you can also see a full map of the US, which suggests multiple locations.

Saw this in the Hot Pursuit news:

Need for Speed The Run Announced!

The Run is an illicit cross-country race stretching from San Francisco to New York, and it's coming to Need For Speed this November. Get ready for the race of your life as you battle the world's most notorious drivers on the country's most dangerous roads.

Check out needforspeedtherun.com for more info!

:hmmm:

Well, I like this game. It looks like a movie, but the explosions...:confused:

And there's a car list made by me:

- Audi R8 V10

- Ford Shelby GT500 '11

- Ford Police Interceptor Sedan

- some Porsche 911?

- BMW M3 GTS

- Porsche Cayenne Turbo (probably traffic)

- Nissan GT-R R35

Have a nice day ;)

This is probably the closest we will get to a car list right now.

2aki8e8.jpg

I have to say this looks good. But then again, so did Hot Pursuit so I won't get my hopes up yet. Also, Huayra. :ill:

Well M3 GTS makes me sit up, but I dunno really, too many games have disappointed me recently, lost faith in most new games...

same here but i do hope that it really is the GTS and not some collectors crap pre-order or what not.

and the only game that really made me happy was GT5 and Mortal Kombat 9

• 1 month later...

Big E3 Update!

Update: 8/6/11

Well with E3 underway, more and more info is being released about this upcoming game.

For starters, the NFS The Run site has been updated with new pics, videos, and news, as well as the beginning of the confirmed car list.

You can see here: Need for Speed The Run | Need for Speed Racing Game

EA has also released 2 trailers, one being a full-on gameplay trailer and the other being a stylized, cinematic trailer.

Here's the cinematic one, entitled "Death from Above":

And here's the gameplay trailer (linked because I already have 1 embedded video):

This game's getting me hooked now. The crazy, GTA-style police encounters as well as the interesting selection of cars so far (including a Porsche 993 GT2!) should have an interesting result, as well as with the still-secretive storyline. I am a little baffled by how intense the action will be and how this could affect the game's rating (ESRB for me in North America), since with both trailers there's swearing and beating up cops. Anyone have any ideas about that, or about the new stuff released in general? :D

Blackbox don't deserve to use the NFS name - they've consistently made the series worse - from what I've seen so far, I'm not interested in this one at all.

Watching the way the car handled has made me consider a demo but probably not a buy. Then again the kids will probably love this, I mean beating up Police is always fun for them right? :D

With you two on this one. The handling looks horrid, but then again I guess we're just used to realistic handling these days with our Shift's and GT5's :rolleyes: (That includes the graphics too for me).

This might have to be the second NFS game I'll never buy along with Nitro after I bought my first NFS game years ago, that being NFS 3 :)

Like you said Diablo, might be one for the kiddie kiddies, I have a G25 for a certain reason :cheeky: