We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How long does Eden have...?

Ryzza5

How long until you ditch TDU2?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How long until you ditch TDU2?

• Never! They'd have to seriously screw up TDU3 or 4 before I ditched them.
    • I'll give them a year from their original release date (~September 24)
    • I'll wait to see if the next patch, or the patch after that fixes things, since they mention the iss
    • I'll wait until the next big racing game comes out (DiRT 3 is out near the end of May)
    • I've already given up and uninstalled it.

Some have obviously had enough of TDU2's imperfections (to put it nicely) and have uninstalled the game. How long, then, does Eden/Atari have to fix the main issues (which we can all read about in other threads) before you decide to call it quits?

It's not nice having to ask this question so soon after the game's release, but there's little point asking it if everyone's left :p

Perhaps the poll results can be used to motivate Eden a bit more. After all, if we can help them help us, everybody wins.

Alrighty, let's do another 'TDU2 needs'. I will post up a thread where people can post their needs and wants etc which I will then compose and send to Atari and Eden next Friday; ooh the 13th.

Genuine and only 2 suggestions at a time per post thanks just like last time.

Alrighty, let's do another 'TDU2 needs'. I will post up a thread where people can post their needs and wants etc which I will then compose and send to Atari and Eden next Friday; ooh the 13th.

Genuine and only 2 suggestions at a time per post thanks just like last time.

That sounds like a good idea! :) Hopefully Atari and Eden will actually listen. TDU2 forums seems like it's full of people that like to whine a lot. :(

I haven't uninstalled it, I just don't play it. There's hardly time for anything right about now (amazing how productive I've gotten with PSN down :p ), but TDU2 is certainly near the bottom of my list of things to play.

Speaking of which, I need to go film some TDU1 stuff for a school project. And while I'm at it, I may just have a blast in a Ducati with the xBox controller... ;)

-Leadfoot

Give up on TDU2 all together and make TDU3 the greatest driving game of all time, with 1000 cars and 3 Islands and excellent physics.

What he said.

Although it would be great for the 'issues' to be fixed, it's going to be so many downloads and probably in huge quantities. It certainly going to take some time for them to fix all the issues whilst regaining people that have already given up on the game.After having it for just under a week, I like the game for certain bits and dislike it for the other aspects. For example, I find the 'Solar Crown' stupendously repetitive as Tess Wintory or whoever the host is called seems to say the same annoying stuff for each race as well as the exact same racers for each championship. Also as ten billion people have already stated, the physics are god awful which is probably one of the key reasons for why people have binned the game.

One of my favorite aspects of the game is the indicators!! They are utterly pointless as they make no sound and are only visible in the behind car view(s), It still is fun (some of the time) as it somewhat continues Eden's ambition to make a realistic driving simulator; Shame the physics make different opinions on that. If they fix these issues and the many others, it will be able to compete with it's predecessor TDU1 even though that is entirely pointless as it's 5 years old :oook:

They only made it harder for themselves, letting TDU2 take such a little crawl forward of TDU1, they'll now have to use a space shuttle to get to the point where a next TD should be at, looking at the other racinggames.

Eden has to step it up, and big time. They'll have to do anything they can to fix and add to the experiences of TDU2 to make it a reasonable game (reasonable and not good/perfect because TDU2 will still be remembered as the ''mess'' it was released like, lol). I'll give em a bit more time, but mainly because I'm interested to see which cars they'll be releasing until they stop support for TDU2.

It still is fun (some of the time) as it somewhat continues Eden's ambition to make a realistic driving simulator;

Um, when did Eden make a realistic driving sim? They always made semi-realistic games and that's the way it should stay. Sure, HC mode is fun if you have a steering wheel but it's nowhere realistic. The indicators and the TDU1 'start' engine option were nice touches on the details, not sim elements.

How long do they have.. it's an interesting question affected by a fair few variables, I'll throw in a few of mine.

DLC, if it comes frequently, and provides a decent level of excitement then I may extend my stay. However if the latest is anything to go by (2 cars) then I won't. TDU used to offer such great value DLC packs. I don't care for expansion of multi player events that essentially no one really does, freeride is what sells TDU.

My friends. Should Atari choose to punish people who have glitched or hacked additional money into their saves then a large proportion of my friends will be off TDU2, in turn taking me with them. I personally don't blame them for not wanting to play the game through for a fifth of sixth time. Many played for hours on end legitimately only to have corruption rob them time and time again. Cheating or getting back what was unfairly taken by sloppy coding? I'm inclined to side with the latter.

No matter what though, I can't see this lasting anywhere near so long as TDU1. We made the fun on there, just cruising and having a laugh. It's a shame so much effort has been put into trying to show us fun when ultimately we made it all ourselves.

Atari, you make the game, we'll make the fun. So far, you've made neither.

Um, when did Eden make a realistic driving sim? They always made semi-realistic games and that's the way it should stay. Sure, HC mode is fun if you have a steering wheel but it's nowhere realistic. The indicators and the TDU1 'start' engine option were nice touches on the details, not sim elements.

I never said directley that they make realistic driving simulators, that's why I said ambition. I agree with you, it isn't really realistic at all but Eden still obviously try. They have a long way to go. In terms of being able to drive slowly though, I think TDU* are one of the easiest games to do so. Games like NFS and others with the option to free roam lack that. Oh how I miss the engine start ability :p I haven't tried hardcore mode on TDU2 yet, should be worth a shot.

Well, I guess, still I think those are just nice details. And I do welcome them very openly. Eden do try to make their game a bit more realistic and I welcome that as well. Especially that the physics seem more realistic than most contemporary mainstream racing games.

As for the TDU2 HC, don't expect fireworks, it corresponds the no-assists option from TDU1, it makes the cars unpredictable at times (though I play on keyboard) :P

Yeah - me and my TDU1 HC friends all went straight to Hardcore mode in TDU2 which was awful - I find Sport mode much better, and everyone who's listened to me so far and tried it out agrees. They should rename it to 180º Spin mode

I'm still going to hang around for a while just to see if any of the unused potential can be realised.

Its a real shame that Oahu has really only had a slight texture and colour overhaul. Especially when they could have improved the road quality to a similar standard to Ibiza's, which is sweet.

I don't care about new multilayer race events or even if the Roulette gets fixed.

Some new and well modelled cars will do me fine.

Because as T. said we've proved with TDU we have more than enough imagination to amuse ourselves on the 'new' Islands

i'll give it a year to get it straightened out before i break out the shot gun and blast it to pieces. some things take time to address, and i certainly dont expect miracles. but that does NOT mean i will sit by and keep playing if issues like hackers and club racing rammers dont get addressed real soon. it just means that after that deadline, if i'm still waiting for stuff to be fixed, the 12 Gauge gets to play.

I'm saying never on account of the fact I have reasonably high hopes for TDU3 etc.

TDU1's handling was ok, and was based on the development of an old engine they had experience with (The V-Rally engine if i'm not mistaken) and they got something which was fun and well tested out when they introduced hardcore mode

TDU2's handling was damn poor, but it was from an entirely new engine. I'm guessing a lot of resource went into the creation of the engine, leaving little time for polish the actual game (Poor hadling, lacks some of TDU1's innovations, terrible radio, terrible voice acting, terrble story... you get the point) wheras with the all new foundation built (The new engine) there should be time to refine the game for the next installation