We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently! - Part 2

The Queen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess nobody except you cared about the R 63 AMG. Rarer than most of other cars there, haha. #truecarenthusiasts

In his picture he caught someone else taking a picture of it :p Though obviously the owner doesn't care about it :( I wonder if the one a few blocks from me is an R63, they never made an R65 or R5x something did they?

[edit:] Yah it is an R63, checked the license plate.

Is the Skoda out already or was it a test vehicle? I'd love to see one in person, I think they look great. :hmmm:

In his picture he caught someone else taking a picture of it :p Though obviously the owner doesn't care about it :( I wonder if the one a few blocks from me is an R63, they never made an R65 or R5x something did they?

[edit:] Yah it is an R63, checked the license plate.

Is the Skoda out already or was it a test vehicle? I'd love to see one in person, I think they look great. :hmmm:

I don't think the guy was taking a photo of the poor R 63, in that position I think only the roof is in the photo... but whatever. :p

Sales start in June methinks so it must have been a pre-prod/press vehicle. Press drives finished last week. It was exactly this spec. The grey suits very well, highlights the sharp lines a lot. Surprisingly, it didn't look much like the Octavia in flesh (in some press photos it did). Also, it finally does not have long overhangs so it didn't have that "oh, there's a Golf underneath the big body" look IMHO. Of course base specs (halogen lights, small wheels) won't be as nice but that's a normal thing these days.

Best looking Škoda ever and I'm not even a fan of them in the slightest.

Spotted this randomly while around town yesterday, I went past a black Daytona in a petrol station yesterday but I was on a bus so couldn't get a pic. But I couldn't think of any better car to be cruising the riviera in than a classic ferrari really.

XzGUjZJ.jpg?1

Ferrari 3302+2, sell for upwards of 200k I think.

The new Jeep Renegade drove by earlier, it wasn't a huge spec chromed out/huge alloyed version, it seemed like an average specced Renegade and I have to say I rather liked it.

Seems quite similar to the Dacia Duster in that it uses ruggedness (no matter how artificial any ruggedness might be with the Renegade) to overcome the stigma over the sector of cars it's up against.

I quite like it.

What do y'all think?

The new Jeep Renegade drove by earlier, it wasn't a huge spec chromed out/huge alloyed version, it seemed like an average specced Renegade and I have to say I rather liked it.

Seems quite similar to the Dacia Duster in that it uses ruggedness (no matter how artificial any ruggedness might be with the Renegade) to overcome the stigma over the sector of cars it's up against.

I quite like it.

What do y'all think?

Seen a few kicking about Aberdeen. Liked with when I saw it at Geneva and look's good in the metal.

Hoping we get some of the actual rugged off road ones on offer here...slight lift from the factory, hi-low diff, etc. Would be like a slightly bigger & upmarket Jimny! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Look what I spotted near work today :D CItroën Mehari, not the rarest car in France but still uber cool.

wB2Twrs.jpg?1

Also spotted a white 4C with the better headlights on the way to work this morning, i'm sure most of the time on the daily commute he regrets not getting the much more comfortable cayman :lol: But the rarity of the Alfa will always make it stand out so much more, looked awesome.

[ATTACH]23742[/ATTACH]

The FJ Cruiser is a rare beast over in the UK, ands this being odd in that it was a RHD one. (Most over here, bizarrely are US imports and not JDM/OZ ones)

Around the corner from seeing that, saw a 458 with a bodykit going over speedbumps...and thankfully he caught me having a look and floored it between the next set of bumps. :)

And to top it off...saw the second Enzo in Aberdeen! :D

Don't use my phone while driving, so sadly couldn't. But Did get a photo of a G63 & an R231 SL as well.

[ATTACH]23743[/ATTACH]

849Yld4.jpg

Despite all the wealth up here, the G class & SL are still rather rare. My guess is the G doesn't look new and shiny enough and the SL looks like a bigger SLK. (the amount of R8's, 911's, Conti's and V8 Vantage/DB9's on the otherhand...)

Chances are the Enzo will be at the next 'GT Scotland' meet like the owners F50 has been of late. :)

The SL is a massive design failure, front and back. It currently is and it will remain once the facelift shows up this year or early next year. That's why it doesn't sell. G-Class is rare because it's a platinum middlefinger to all values of today (which is good) and if you really want a good offroader you can also get cheaper stuff (Lada Niva :D ).

The interior is nice, and I bet it drives good. But the styling for this whole R231 generation is not gonna be to write home about. The taillights are huge and make the trunklid look very fat, bulky, heavy, pressing on the back. The headlights look like a kid doing crosseye faces. So many diagonal lines going in different directions. And those mirrors look as cheap ''aftermarket add-on'' as the tablet that dominates the rest of the range.

I can understand people going for the other cars like Cal mentioned, including the 6-series convertible even. The AM's are perhaps most similar but just look more classy.

Saw a white F-Type coupe with black wheels today, looks very nice and sounds good too :D And a new-model S-Class, driven by a man in suit with a tree of a cigar in his mouth and a smile like ''ow yes''.