We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First one was okay if you could find a sweet spot with the wheel configuration but often was a bit frustrating... as has been a number of recent Codies driving titles that I've picked up... so we'll see. I've barely completed 5% of DiRT 3, F1 2010 and DiRT Showdown because of bugs and wheel support issues.

Guest MrLolololXD

I loved Grid, it had great damage modeling compared to any other driving game at it's time of release. Can't wait for this new one! :D

Haven't played a Dirt games since 2.

But loved Grid. Has got some stunning tracks.

And some great modes...

Wish I never played the demo last time because it really put me off. When I got the full game it was so much better.

Pretty useless video though.

Guest MrLolololXD
In-car view is out, after Codemasters' research discovered that 95 per cent of players use chase or bonnet cameras to play.

What games did they do their research on? Need for Speed, Burnout and Midnight Club? Those bastards...

Well, there goes the 'simulation' of the game flying out the window. You can't call a game a sim-racer without cockpit cam.

In a game like GRiD it makes sense that people wouldn't use that type of view, look back at ToCA and such and it was a different story. Shows how gamers today are getting dumber and just want their games to play like Outrun. It's only about winning these days after all, no-one seems to like the chase or race itself.

WOW... whingy whiney brats. So the game wont have a cockpit view. BIG DEAL, it will still have a bonnet view, and frankly, that still works for me. So the physics look arcadey, are you telling me the first game was a simulator? Please. I'm still happy its being made, would you all whinge and whine if they came out and said they were going to make it but found 95% of gamers played Forza instead so they decided not to? I think you would. Be happy Codemasters is still around at all.

I never bothered with the first game, I played the demo and that made me not want to touch the game so no I'm not really surprised to find GRiD 2 will be the same. I do find it ironic that someone who spent a load of cash on a top quality wheel and pedals set is defending the direction that the game is going and may in turn affect others in the future of doing the same. I don't mind arcade racing games, they are fun but what I don't like is the fact that these titles and franchises have been born from series that catered to all. That's what's annoying, it seems that making games "more accessible" is the only way to go these days even though adding options for those who want it wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Theres applications for a wheel, i'd give Grid 2 a go at least with the wheel just to see how it is, but I think it'd be a controller game. As funny as it sounds, it comes across as a game thats a break from proper sims (Forza isnt a proper sim, neither is GT5 guys, try rFactor or iracing) while maintaining a real race feel.