We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Once perfection is achieved, you can just double it (New lambo)

CarMadMike

Thought i'd make a thread about this as it's pretty cool, I love it when car companies tease cars before a launch. The moment they 'leak' or preview a car before its autoshow launch makes it lose that coolness though, why wreck the suspense?! absolutely no need and I hate how common this has become....

....Anyway.

lamborghini-paris-teaser.jpg

What are people thinking?

- Production, or revised concept (eugh) of the Lambo Estoque from a few years back. Loved that concept.

- Lambo SUV? It's VW afterall, they love to milk the money machine :rolleyes: boooring-ish.

- Lambo espada revival kind of car, something to rival the Ferrari FF hatchback thing/2+2 thingy

- Something completely different/new niche/new lalalala car.

Try to put any new info that is well, not meant to be known as it's not come from Lambo, in the spoiler brackets please :D Discuss.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just from the shape of the tease it's got a good bit of Lambo heritage (Miura, Espada, maybe even some Jalpa) and they are usually so good at hiding these things till they reveal them. Could it be front-engined GT or maybe a 4-door coupe evolution of the Estoque it's really not possible to say. Can't wait to see it though. :cool:

Thanks for posting this Mike.

Interesting profile for a lambo though. CURVES?!?!?!?! Aston/Zagato-esque (if you're american, you're now allowed to mention a ford fusion below, as I mentioned the word aston). I know if you look at a Huracan from the side, it's a bit more fluid than the previous lambo designs, but from the front/back it's still angular etc.

I'm hoping this will debut a new design language for Lambo, something a bit more curvey and less 'YOU ME OUTSIDE' than the past few. Something stunning for its curves, like Kelly Brook, not stunning like, say, Adriana Lima (I'm a crap gay). More Jag E/F-Type beauty, less Merc GT beauty. This would also agree with a Miura kind of car, much more curvy.

Guest MrLolololXD

I'm with Diablo, this year marks 50 years since Lamborghini's first car, so I think it could be a re-visit of the 350, or, another concept for a new Miura to be released in 2016 which will mark the Miura's 50th birthday.

Lambo have said in the past they won't revive a old model for a production car, and the Muira concept back in 2006 was said to be just a styling exercise. That was a while back they said that though so they could have changed.

Should be interesting. Could be a 2+2 GT, or with the way the market is shifting...a 'entry level' car to slot below the Huracan?

The backlash porsche received over building cars such as the cayenne, diluting the sports brand, was put to rest with reasons such as 'we're building these so we can continue to fund the 911's'.

Though porsche are now part of the monster that is VW, I think Lambo haven't really had that excuse about funding to justify building niche cars to dilute the brand from what it currently is.

This is just my interpretation of it anyway. I've never understood why VW never bothered with the Bugatti Galibier, I know Bugatti's are both expensive for R&D and they tend to lose money on the cars, but the amount of publicity and headlines these cars make for the brand, it'd be a no brainer. Perhaps they've got something huge up their sleeve for the future, I think they do simply due to how much time that brand has had between first releasing the veyron and then simply making slightly tweaked versions since.

From looking at the shape alone in that teaser image, I'd guess it's a modern version of the Muira or something, something perhaps similar in size to the 458 Italia or the Alfa 4C.

The only problem with that is that the Gallardo was the 458 competitor and the Gallardo has already been replaced by the Hurrican.