We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 in Production? + Details [!UPDATE #2]

Eudemon

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still no news then?? I've read some really stupid things that some people want in the game...

*McDonalds!!!

*Guns!!

*Use of public transport!! (admittadely could be interesting if you could wreck your car!!)

*Army chasing you when police cant catch you.

I just keep thinking to myself, why dont these people just go buy Grand Theft Auto!!!??

I know some things are really stupid and not in keeping with the game though tbh the first one as in real world places and adverts actually do add to the game worlds immersion and make money for the developer as long as it's ads only and not taking data from us like EA games sometimes do.

GTA is GTA, the sooner they grow up the better.

There is a lot in Midnight Club Los Angeles I think they have done really well and would like to see implemented into TDU2 especially the damage, repairing of damage via a garage or a quick fix if wrecked with dodgy panels and such and of course active aero parts, working roofs and fully functioning dashes among other things!

There is a lot in Midnight Club Los Angeles I think they have done really well and would like to see implemented into TDU2 especially the damage, repairing of damage via a garage or a quick fix if wrecked with dodgy panels and such and of course active aero parts, working roofs and fully functioning dashes among other things!

Yeah, that was one thing that bugged me a little about TDU, mainly boost gauges not working, among other gauges, but the one thing they did do well is use a working GPS/Map on the screen in some cars that have screens in them, that's the one thing that annoyed me a bit about MC:LA.

Real world places would be good, the Ben Sherman signs and others in TDU did make it feel more like a real world, but I think the main thing TDU2 needs is in-depth performance tuning. E.g. Instead of Stage 1 and Stage 2, etc. have different Air Filters, different Cylinder Blocks, Exhaust Systems, Connecting Rods, Crankshafts etc. and maybe in the description of each item say whether it's equivalent to Stage 1 and Stage 2 etc. just to keep the average person who doesn't know much about the parts up to speed, because I know more power can be extracted from an RB26DETT than 400 :p.

EDIT: Also, I read about Blu-Ray and watched a few keynotes on it back before the PS3 and Blu-Ray was commercially announced (probably about 2005, 2006) and originally they were promoting their Dual-Layer 500GB discs (250GB on each side) so I'm not sure if they decided not to produce any more because of costs or anything, but yeah, it is possible, and there's a new thing I recently read about that Toshiba or Siemens or someone (not sure who, it's a popular company though) is making and it boasts 1TB Quad Layers (250GB on each layer) so yeah, we'll see what happens. And yes, there has been a lot of talk of 8 and 16 layer discs, my bet is on 8 layer discs coming out before 2010, but we'll see.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty confident at this point that TDU2 is in development since it was announced by Eden Games' David Nadal weeks before Phil Harrison joined Atari, and at the Atari Live conference Phil Harrison said he considered TDU among the top franchises in Atari's library, and was one of the reasons why he joined Atari. I think its a good thing that they are sitting on it.

I'm just hoping they shore up a few issues:

- DLC coming way too late to PC

- too many different menus-- in the PC version theres basically 4 different menus where you access game options/information: Escape menu where you can set game options, Pause menu where you can restart races/take photos, map menu where you can find races/friends, and Property menu where you can find information about your progress

I'd expect TDU2 to hit the same platforms as Alone in the Dark did.

I'd expect them to learn from their mistakes and I think the 2010 hinted at release could signify that Atari want the devs to take their time with the game, fix the issues that plagued the first on release, fix the issues the community has been most vocal about and also look around and see what the community are asking for and what other games have done since TDU's release.

I also think they should definitely think about having some kind of community sort of like Rockstar's Social Club; Test Drive Live anyone? :lol:

BTW bcrt welcome to TDUcentral, please make sure all ducks are in their respective containers. Thank you!

:welcome:

I'd expect them to learn from their mistakes and I think the 2010 hinted at release could signify that Atari want the devs to take their time with the game, fix the issues that plagued the first on release, fix the issues the community has been most vocal about and also look around and see what the community are asking for and what other games have done since TDU's release.

I also think they should definitely think about having some kind of community sort of like Rockstar's Social Club; Test Drive Live anyone? :lol:

BTW bcrt welcome to TDUcentral, please make sure all ducks are in their respective containers. Thank you!

:welcome:

only that i want

for me is the most important thing that atari MUST be to do.

fix all TDU for not get the same errors

That's the thing kal, people want some normal cars too, a sort of GT + TDU. Variety is always good and I do wish there was some more normal cars like Impreza's, Evo's and such. Maybe not so much the boy racer MAX POWER idols but then the Golf R32 is in so why no Civic Type R, Focus ST (RS!!!!!), Seat Ibiza Cupra and such.

Starting with a low car could be fun and would make it when you finally reach getting the keys to that exotic much the more sweeter. :D

There's a real mixed bag in this area that's for sure.

But it's just not Test Drive! :p

I mean, volvo.. come on!

Personally I would rather they kept to the spirit of Test Drive and offered fewer, more exotic cars - get that really polished and distinctive rather than try to offer so many different types of cars that they can't spend as much time getting each one right.

I'd honestly like to see more diversity in the class F and E, having some semi common cars can fill up the class F and E car collection quite nicely, and some imports on the class E and D or even B classes would be nice(RX-7/8 for E, Supra and NSX for D, and Nissan R390 for B/A) and some Muscle's such as the new Challenger and Camaro would fit very nicely in class D...

• 3 weeks later...