We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*hi5* Cal. I feel like sh-eep.

Also the really nice accommodation I wanted to apply for at Uni is taken, I only didn't apply earlier because apparently the site was down. Now I have to apply for some crappy cheap ass accommodation where I have to share the bathroom with horrible skanky people. My desire to want to go to Uni has completely vanished tbh...

*hi5* Cal. I feel like sh-eep.

Also the really nice accommodation I wanted to apply for at Uni is taken, I only didn't apply earlier because apparently the site was down. Now I have to apply for some crappy cheap ass accommodation where I have to share the bathroom with horrible skanky people. My desire to want to go to Uni has completely vanished tbh...

Although I have my own ensuite, I'd say 70% of the people on my campus have to share their bathroom with others. It really isn't a big deal :)

If anything the mixed bathroom accommodations tend to have larger kitchens with more people in them, which is definitely a bonus as it's much more social, and a hell of a lot easier to make friends during the first year.

It might seem like a huge negative at first but it has its advantages. Such as not having to clean your own bathroom, if you're ensuite you do, it's crap (pun intended) haha

I got a free ticket to the friendzone :hmmm: I should start spending my holidays somewhere else, I've spent way too long here :mhmm:

...meh, don't even care anymore :lol: The reason I'm having a bad day is because it's been over +30 for several days here and I'm melting >_< It's driving me crazy..

I wouldn't take that ticket with a gun to my head :mhmm:

On my bad note I have 2 exams in the coming two days which finishes the 8 exams this year and I'm not confident on maths which is a shame because I was acing past papers, physics and chemistry on the other hand I've been happy with.

not helping that I'm ill and tired

started out good with getting hired as a photog for three teams for D1NZ round 6 (not gettin paid but i dont care) but the i lost the guitar i wanted and got denied media for D1NZ because i dont write for a media outlet such as a website or magazine, feelin real down in the dumps right now :(

Although I have my own ensuite, I'd say 70% of the people on my campus have to share their bathroom with others. It really isn't a big deal :)

If anything the mixed bathroom accommodations tend to have larger kitchens with more people in them, which is definitely a bonus as it's much more social, and a hell of a lot easier to make friends during the first year.

It might seem like a huge negative at first but it has its advantages. Such as not having to clean your own bathroom, if you're ensuite you do, it's crap (pun intended) haha

Thanks Mike, that's actually made me feel a little better. :)

More Uni related woes... I got an email like yesterday saying I have to pay £300 deposit for accommodation by next Thursday and I have no way of obtaining that money really.. huzzah.

• 3 weeks later...

This happened to my left front tire of my truck today.

BOHN3oVCMAA6NqX.jpg

I should have guessed this would happen. When the truck arrived at the dealer, they had these wheels and tires installed for some reason and sold it at a reasonable price to my family. The one thing they didn't account for unfortunately is the fact that the wheel is 3 inches bigger than stock and much wider as well, without doing any mods to the wheel well so that the wheels would clear. You can hear the tire grind against the wheel well when you turn hard left and I should have done something about it sooner. Oh well, could have been much worse for me than what it was.

Not so bad for me as it has been for my dad. He was driving the Megane Scenic home from work, got about half way home and he had to dip the clutch to navigate a junction. As soon as he pressed the clutch the engine started running on slightly (4000RPM), he let the clutch out to bring the revs back down and the car seemed to carry on running fine again, until he noticed he had no turbo and a nasty rattling noise was being emitted from the engine. Instead of parking up where he was he decided to see how far he could get with the engine shut off, he was at the top of a large hill which gradually goes down rather than one steep gradient. He somehow managed to do about three miles using the handbrake to slow him down as the brakes were inoperative. He decided to park the car up just up the road from a main road and it's still sat there now.

Apparently no clouds of smoke and there's no oil splattered around the engine bay, but as it's more than likely turbo and engine failure after the rattling would suggest metal being ingested it's not been run since. Belongings collected this evening, and as my dad is fed up with the thing the scrap man is probably collecting it in the next day or so when it will meet thy maker.

Goddamit man, your cars always break down or there is something wrong with them. 3 weeks ago my Mom got sick, she fell into a coma, and rushed to the hospital, in the same time I was with my gf crying on the telephone. After 4 hours mom waked up from the coma. The next day she was rushed to Bucharest for brain surgery, It went very good. She suffered from an anevrism. The same day my gf decided to dump me but I didn't care about her after I heard that mom is ok. Last week she arrived back home. She could barely walk. Today we finished some of the medication and she can walk now. One thing remains: she is drugged from the pills so her brain won't be "exercised" to hard.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to a dermatologist tomorrow. Also figured out that all my existing skin treatments actually were making it worse because they contained an ingredient that sparks breakouts in existing skin. As if that wasn't bad enough, now have concrete proof that I can't eat wheat or gluten. Hopefully the dermatologist just gives me a pill already and if I'm lucky I won't get killed by side-effects or have IBS or something stupid, otherwise I'd have another reason to post in this thread. :hmmm: