We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

______________ Central

t.

What to do?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Keep TDUC as it is but encourage more General Gaming Chat. (shuffe forums around to take less focus
    • Keep TDUC as it is & create a new 'Central' (eg BlahC) for the discussion of General Gaming & such
    • Rebrand TDUC as another 'Central' (eg: BlahC) & have TDUC blended in somewhere in it's own section w
    • Something else. (Please post what)

So just for talking sake, say TDUC stays in some shape or form but we start a new community (from scratch). Either Title Focussed or General Gaming Banter would you guys be up for that? Central's methodology would remain whereever it goes of course so the insanity and animals would also travel with us.

Also is it mainly because you want to talk about other games/things out with here because TDU2 isn't exactly doing so great at the moment? More tellingly is it the distancing away from Atari and Eden that you're looking for us to do as well?

Basically if we create it, will you come? :hmmm:

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds good to me. I'd be up for that, seeing as most members discuss a wide variation of games other than TDU2, and probably a lot more than TDU2. As long as the atmosphere etc. stays the same, i'm happy with it. :)

You can never tell how something will turn out though, look at this place, back when it started I never imagined it would be what it is now. You guys are giving me a lot to think about.

@Mb the whole keeping things is a bit of a tough sandwich to microwave due to the fact that in order to keep the general info and data you mentioned it would require first off the same software and vB isn't cheap (importing vB's data structure into another software isn't completely a no go though), and secondly mixing old with brand new is a recipe for trouble hence why the from the beginning method would probably be the proposed way we would go. Or at least test the waters with. :)

I'd go for opening the forum to all driving/racing games and then having the other genres in a smaller section like it is currently with TDU and all other games. Keeping the same forum and everything.
A rebrand as you just said on MSN.

Ok there are 6 options now. :lol:

I'd go for the rebrand, change the name, the purpose and the layout and I think the rest will fall into place.

I've been bored of TDU2 since a week after it came out, and wouldn't buy a TDU3 if they bothered bringing one out, so I'm all for pushing it to one side, like Atari have done with us.

A rebrand sounds good. Something needs to be done, TDU is dead, and if it isn't it soon will be. Atari take note, you've managed to kill the TDU passion from many of it's long term fans. Nice job you did there! :D

i agree with this. i dont think the TDU community is going to hold very much longer. even im getting bored and annoyed with Atari/Eden and ive been putting up with Activision and Call of Duty for years now. wat Atari/Eden have done is take a great idea and stabed it in the face with a garden hoe

What would it say on it though? And how about SarcasticTrophiesCentral.com

Not sure if this will all fit, but how about:

IN RECOGNITION OF YOUR ABILITY TO

RUIN ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED

GAME SEQUELS AND LOSE THE SUPPORT

OF YOUR ONCE-LOYAL FANS.

- Something Central

OF YOUR ONCE-LOYAL FANS.

- Something Central

Ooh that's blunt but very true all the same.

OF YOUR ONCE-LOYAL FANS.

- Something Central

Has a nice ring to it, will definitely have to bookmark it though, typing that each day is too close to working out.

I guess I'll have to renew my Gold subscription and play some Forza with you guys again. We could always rename to ForzaCentralRipoff.com ;)

t., That was a trophy inscription, not a URL suggestion you muppet :p