We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2: Modding Wiki!

Speeder

Hello everyone!

I had the idea to make a wiki about Test Drive Unlimited 2 modding, to stick together every tutorials, research or mods about Test Drive Unlimited 2.

The wiki is divided in 3 categories:

- Research: every games format or game mechanisms are detailled in.

- Guides: Tutorials about modding and co. (there are only 2 for the moment: how to use pnj clothes and how to unpack your game)

-Mod Database: Every mods about TDU2 (exclusive tweaks... for everybody of course, no need to pay or to post an article :cheeky:, gameplay mods, cars, sound...)

I'd thanks Djey who contribued a lot to the wiki. :thumbsup:

http://tdu2wiki.host56.com/index.php/Accueil

If you have any suggestions or feeling... :)

We NEED a modding wiki, to explain EVERYTHING. The main reason people don't mod is not just a lack of tools, but a lack of describing hów to do it, and the fact the very basics are explained still doesn't help for many detail stuff *and we know how people get complained at for a lack of details*.

It would be really useful if there could be something similar to the GTA modding wiki's.

We NEED a modding wiki, to explain EVERYTHING. The main reason people don't mod is not just a lack of tools, but a lack of describing hów to do it, and the fact the very basics are explained still doesn't help for many detail stuff *and we know how people get complained at for a lack of details*.

It would be really useful if there could be something similar to the GTA modding wiki's.

This is EXACTLY what I would do. But since I'm alone with Djey to build it, and I don't have a lot of hours to work on, this is very slow progression. But we'll reach our objective.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey,

I'm really interested in working on TDU2 modding BUT I'm on the mac. I know I need to get the PC version (and a PC or bootcamp) but is it possible to do most of the modding on the mac (like converting from Forza to [whatever you convert it to]) and then sending my work to someone who can finish it all up. I know this seems a bit crazy but I would love to be a modder :P

Question: If I run the new launcher through Steam, and the game itself from that, will I still be able to use the Steam overlay, or will it break? I don't want to screw something up and have to wait 2 hours for it to unpack again :P

EDIT: Nevermind, instantly got bored and tried it, no luck. Now, does someone know if I've set something up wrong, or if it's just not going to work?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Car physics has been described in the file "db_data.cpr". It's placed in \euro\bnk\database folder.

I searched in this file but i can't find them i need only for Ferrari FXX because is unrealistic top speed... i have decription program (and i decript db_data.cpr) but i didn't see someting for FXX - maybe i don't know what i searching....if you can tell me what i need to search

And sorry for my bad english i hope you understand what i want to say

I searched in this file but i can't find them i need only for Ferrari FXX because is unrealistic top speed... i have decription program (and i decript db_data.cpr) but i didn't see someting for FXX - maybe i don't know what i searching....if you can tell me what i need to search

And sorry for my bad english i hope you understand what i want to say

You must use HEX editor to edit the decrypt db_data.

Since the structure of db_data has not been published, you have to analyze by yourself and find a data where should be changed.

In addition, you will receive a penalty (will be BAN) when you log in to online using the modified db_data.

You can only play in offline mode with modified db_data.

You must use HEX editor to edit the decrypt db_data.

Since the structure of db_data has not been published, you have to analyze by yourself and find a data where should be changed.

In addition, you will receive a penalty (will be BAN) when you log in to online using the modified db_data.

You can only play in offline mode with modified db_data.

I can't play online because my game is not original...this changes i want to make for me for my pleasure just want real fxx that is...i have FXX whit cheat

Are you know where i can wiew or learn more about cars stats and what point i need to fint....if you can please send me personal message...i promise i didn't upload this modifications...they will be only for me... i have Hex editor but i didn't shure is it this program for my needs.

I can't play online because my game is not original...this changes i want to make for me for my pleasure just want real fxx that is...i have FXX whit cheat

Are you know where i can wiew or learn more about cars stats and what point i need to fint....if you can please send me personal message...i promise i didn't upload this modifications...they will be only for me... i have Hex editor but i didn't shure is it this program for my needs.

Sorry, I have no information anymore.

• 7 months later...