We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon: An Open World Forza!!

hassan1995

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally had a chance to play the game,

I should start by agreeing with ryzza's last post :P

The game overall is not bad, I had to play it with the gamepad which is annoying.

I could say the game is based on that too. It was quite comfortable and easy.

The graphics (not surprisingly) were a set back from fm4.

The textures and tacky effects overall felt too much like dirt.

But the online modes are fun, there wasn't too much lag.

And open world is great, I would think this game would be great with a wheel. IF IT SUPPORTED MINE FFS.

anyway I'd say the reviews are accurate.

The game feels so much better imo if you are using a Pad in Expert mode and then goto to your Options > Controls > Hit X for Advanced and add about 20 to the Inside Deadzone (default is 23/24 iirc). In the demo I put it about 48 and now in the game I have it around 52. Try it if you want more of that Forza feeling. Also the game needs some work in the pad vibration, it's too weak and you do feel disconnected from the road sometimes due to it. I'm not long into playing the game so maybe I will have other things to say but lastly at this point I would bring up the replay cameras. There basically crap as there is no real static trail your car from the roadside views, it's all floating and static close to your car stuff which makes for not very much action.

The good thing I would say though is that these are side aspects they could work on as the core item, the driving is imo damn good and so enjoyable so waiting for any of these things to put into as future update isn't that bad, compared to not wanting to play a game AT ALL due to the core of it being absolutely awful like some we could mention. :p

This game honestly makes me excited for FH2.

Was surprised to see your name pop up when I beat your speed camera time - didn't think you were getting this game in a hurry.

Every now and then the game completely drops my wheel connectivity so I'm either left with the choice between rebooting the wheel and having to put up with the worse 270 degree option or reboot the console for 900 degrees. Since I was hosting MP matches had to go the former this time which sucked. Good racing and Infected matches with MrLol and others tonight.

So far i am extremely impressed with the game its brilliant, apart from some popping texture issues that I've noticed but overall it's a beautiful game even on my now what is crappy TV. Mp free roam is brill and i enjoy it.

My only gripe is as pointed out by Diablo is the lack of vibration eliminating the connection between the car and the feel on the game Dirt and road is virtually the same hope a patch fixes that issue.

Massive disagreeance. I drive my Boss 302 all the time and it's impossible to go over 120 on dirt, but on the road it's perfectly fine. I find the difference to be not massive, but there is one there.

I think I got my Lotus 2-eleven to about 150mph on dirt last night. :hmmm:

The difference is very noticeable in some cars yet others they only lose a little bit of grip.