We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon 2 - Would you want it?

Eudemon

Forza Horizon 2 - Do you want it?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Forza Horizon 2 - Do you want it?

Was thinking this about 4secs ago when replying to Facebook and it occured to me that Forza titles do of course follow a bi-annual release schedule for the most part and what with Forza Horizon out last year it could mean an announcement of a sequel could come at somepoint near the end of this year or the start of the next. Making me wonder about would people want another Horizon? Would they prefer it to be a standalone title and not have the 'Forza' name or can you accept both basically cater to the same people but in different ways.

With the whole DLC mickey-taking and the non-acceptance of expanding the environment has Horizon been merely a test of what could work and what people are willing to buy rather than a proper all-out attempt at making a brand new franchise to build upon?

Let's see what the general consensus is shall we! :D

How many have you gone back to play Horizon since completing it? And for how long?

I didn't buy the first because I'd heard the replay-values were shocking for an open-world game, compared to TDU1 or GTAIV anyway. This obviously means I can't give that valuable an answer to the question as I never played the first properly.

I'd only consider buying Horizon 2 if the game was given a bit more depth, and the open-world part was more fun and time-consuming.

Of course, YES

But Playground Games had to implement alot of nice things :)

Like houses, with garages, like TDU1... possibility to change character aspect and clothing

And every place in a specific location

Example: Tuning shop -> north of the map

House -> south of the map

So, not Horizon festival anymore!

I would like you can interact with the entire map in H2, because now all you need is only at the center of it... :S

Of course, YES

But Playground Games had to implement alot of nice things :)

Like houses, with garages, like TDU1... possibility to change character aspect and clothing

And every place in a specific location

Example: Tuning shop -> north of the map

House -> south of the map

So, not Horizon festival anymore!

I would like you can interact with the entire map in H2, because now all you need is only at the center of it... :S

see clarence's post,

I think we should add tdu3 to the poll

I would like Forza to make another open world driving game (the more the merrier), but the actual Horizon Festival story has been done, and doesn't really have much continuity.

I wouldn't say no to a new open world Forza every 2 years, but I'd rather a massive game like TDU that can easily last 5 years with new content added rather than a small game twice as often that has no replayability. It would seem that FH was limited by the aged platform it was running on (X360). Remember proper tyre-modelling and physics do have a decent load on the CPU (CPU and GPU are one chip in the X360) which may explain how TDU2 had such a massive area (it had rubbish physics).

But you can ignore all that for now since my biggest anticipation lies in what Ivory Tower has to show off.

hah you were repling to me when got this on mind :D

we were talking about driving game with free roam.

i would like TDU3, but from the guys which made tdu1 and that physics and stuff, with graphics like 2 have, even more realistic, and with more cars, also, option do add new cars to the game with modding also sound and everything that goes with it.

and to have some kind of server tools, i am talking about ability to make own server, own rules, own administrator and stuff, like on Discovery Freelancer, for example.

and to have BMW license :D

I was obviously making a joke, but in honesty - Horizon has nearly no replay, which is a major reason I'd rather have a game I know that has a chance of doing a decent job on what all of us want. Horizon had issues, lots and lots of them and it got boring really quickly. And if I've learned one thing about the boys at Turn 10, they don't adapt very quickly - there are still issues in Forza 4 that were problems in Forza 2, not gamebreakers, but they're still annoying.

Honestly, despite Playground developing the game, I feel that Turn 10 had much more input than they should have been allowed. Turn 10 is starting to be such a slowing disappointment that I'm not even very excited for Forza 5.

Ivory Tower, like Ry said, is where my hopes lie right now. But as for Horizon 2, they'd have to do a complete 179 degree turn for me to buy it. (not 180 because at least 1 degree was likeable)

Horizon sold well? So will a second one be made? Yup....be much the same as the first? Most likely... different map that's very loosely based on a real place & chances are it'll be another US state, I'm guessing East coast so a southern state. And offer much the same in the way of freedom as the first.

Car list will be mostly disappointing adding only a few all new cars to the Forza game's and the rest will be DLC...some just drop top editions of ones in the game & others just a special edition of cars in game, others just brought in from Forza 4/5.

Sorry, sound dull but chances are it could be true.

If they make a u-turn and take the driving sim path instead I'd buy the required 720, but believing they won't do that I say Ivory for now.

(I also wish some company would pick the outerra engine, because driving it's roads was :aah: similar to the amazement of Tdu1. The road resolution (and ground ftm) is borderline insane. EG.. even the painted marks is given geometry thickness).