We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Developers Q&A

Camel

So come on guys, girls and other strange beings we have here, this is the place to post up a question that you would ask or would like somebody to ask the developers of TDU2.

Please keep it to one question per member and if someone else has posted your question, just quote it so it makes it easy for me.

Nothing is certain here but maybe we could get some answers to the best and most popular questions.

;)

Questions so far:

Vehicle Related

• Will you be able to customize your car? e.g. body-kits, custom rims, exhausts tips.
  • Will the detail extend beyond the physical modelling of the car (things like working digital speedometers but also things that were overlooked in Forza Motorsport, like the horsepower gauge in the Veyron...) or are the dials going to be like every other game?
  • Will cars have dynamic aero-parts and if the ayre included, will there be an override option to keep them up all the time? e.g pop-up vents/spoilers
  • Will we have an option to turn on refuelling?
  • Will there be working wipers for cars in the game and is it possible to switch them on and off with an assigned button?
  • Will you be able to switch or customize stock 4x4 settings? e.g. Changing from Hi to low gear range, adjust ride height, locking the differentials.
  • Will the selection of cars be more diverse then just the top American & European marquee's? e.g. Australian Muscle cars, more Japanese cars etc.
  • Will we be able to paint all cars in custom colours? Such as the Ferraris.
  • Will folding roofs be unique to each car, or will it be generic?
  • Will there be a proper automatic gearbox? One that shifts depending upon the pressure applied to the accelerator, not just shifting at the rev-limiter.
  • Will gauges light up in the night?
  • Is cruise-control featured in TDU2?

Environmental Related

• How will the weather affect the "Physical World"? e.g swollen rivers, muddy hills, street gutters full of run off rain water, maybe a few big puddles to splash through.
  • Will there be roundabouts?
  • Will we be able to access the Formentera? (Island just south of Ibiza)
  • Will the environment be more lively? (ie. exciting, not as sparse and empty as in TDU)
  • Are we able to see pedestrians in the streets etc?

DLC Related

• Will there be frequent updates/packs ( Or any in that matter ) released, and how much ( raw ) will they cost?

Online Related

• What will make the "unique" cars that the big clubs get special?
  • If there is a photomode, will the upload feature work for the consoles.
  • Have the servers been improved?
  • Will certain clubs get special recognition?

General Questions

• What are the loading times like? e.g. When changing race locations online.
  • Will there be a "simulation mode," as Hardcore Mode was in TDU?
  • How will the control layout work? You have wipers, soft tops, indicators and how would they be implemented in every day controllers and keyboards?
  • Will photomode still be included? If so, will the settings/options go into more detail to produce higher quality pictures? (eg: wheel blur)
  • Will the Yacht be drivable?
  • Is TrackIR still supported (PC version)?
  • Will you be able to save the gaming-wheel and seat position setup different for each car and bike?
  • Has the AI been improved? If so, how has it been improved?
  • Will the traffic still be composed of the same fictional cars or will they be actual licensed makes/models?
  • Will TDU2 support the incoming TV3D?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd like to know if the fluidity and interaction of all facets of tdu2 will work the same way as tdu1.

eg no loading for entering an online race and then changing venue/course...

i really hope that tdu2 will not have any large now loading please wait interuptions like certain other driving games i could mention.

A simple one for me:

Will the detail extend beyond the physical modelling of the car (things like WORKING DIGITAL SPEEDOS but also things that were overlooked in forza, like the horsepower guage in the veyron...) or are the dials going to be like every other game?

EDIT:

Ow ok. Well I'll stick to this question then. But is it ok I leave that post there? Or should I edit it?

- Will cars have dynamic aero-parts, such as the pop-up vents on the Murcielago or the pop-up spoiler on the SLR? If these are included, will there be an override option to keep them up all the time?

Will the detail extend beyond the physical modelling of the car (things like WORKING DIGITAL SPEEDOS but also things that were overlooked in forza, like the horsepower guage in the veyron...) or are the dials going to be like every other game?

That's my question too

Oh cool, i've always wanted a chance to ask a developer a question. :)

---

Question: How will the control layout work? You have wipers, soft tops, indicators and how would that be implemented in averaged day controllers and keyboards?

Will photomode still be included? If so, will the settings/options go into more detail to produce higher quality pictures? (eg: wheel blur)

And... will you be able to upload pictures and download them on your computer?