We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Handling, your preference?

Eudemon

Your TDU2 Handling preference?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Your TDU2 Handling preference?

With the release of the first trailer for TDU2 some folk have been posting their concerns, so let's have a poll and find out what the general split between the arcade, semi-sim and sim camps are.

This is not a thread for requests and such and please don't turn this into a mud slinging debate between the 3 main factions.

Multiple votes are allowed as I know some people like to alternate between modes so if you are one of them then feel free to show it. :)

Thanks.

Examples of each

Arcade = Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed series

Semi-Sim = Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo, NFS Shift (PC version)

Sim = Live for Speed, Simbin titles, rFactor, enthusia

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcade. If I wanted realism, I'd drive a real car. Tbh I really like TDU's driving style.

Agreed with the real car comment, although think Semi-Sim is a better option. And also agreed, if TDU2 keeps the same driving style as TDU I'll be happy :)

I think as examples go, there's levels of arcade

for example, I put games like NFS and MCLA on a different tier. They're mind numbingly simple, cars pretty much are on rails, wheras PGR (and indeed TDU's arcade mode) isn't sim, but it's a lot closer to it than NFS. It's more like dumbed down sim, than a new style of control that's quite estranged from teh real world

I'd like all three to be an option as sometimes I'd like to have simple, arcade handling for when I'm in a cba mood or just messing around with. And then semi-sim/sim mode for when I want to drive properly or race around.

But I'd be perfectly happy with TDUs normal and hardcore mode style physics and choice.

Arcade. If I wanted realism, I'd drive a real car. Tbh I really like TDU's driving style.

1.) Yeah, you would just go drive your Ferrari Enzo, right? Or maybe your 1-of-20 Reventon?

2.) When you go to drive your Enzo, what sort of speeds do you do on your exotic local roads?

3.) I would consider TDU a semi-simulation. Ever play GRID? That's an arcade.

4.) I, for one, am not old enough to drive. I know there are many people who play racing games but are not old enough to drive, and I, personally, want it to feel like real driving (because it's still a big thing for me).

Just sharing my point of view. :)

-Leadfoot

;308135']

4.) I, for one, am not old enough to drive. I know there are many people who play racing games but are not old enough to drive, and I, personally, want it to feel like real driving (because it's still a big thing for me).

-Leadfoot

Very good point, precisely the way I feel as well ;)

I said it hundreds of times already, but since u asking again, I want the car physics in TDU2 to be as much close to Shift's as it's possible. That's the perfect semi-sim modell for me. I wanna engine sounds from Shift too.

From what I've seen inn the trailer, it seems that Shift's cockpits are still the best the money can buy.

hmmm...in one word, I wanna Shift cars on Ibiza! :D Is that normal?

OK kill me Oo