We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Rabcat 2010 Portfolio shows more TDU2 goodies?

Eudemon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/attachments/f170/133143d1252671957-evora-racecar-house-do-want_thumbnail.jpg

Wait, Rabcat was behind some FM3 models too? How come some of TDU1 models are so rubbish but FM3 quality is brilliant? Is it because Eden did some of the models for TDU1?

Perhaps not the models themselves that much. Of course the meshes themselves have been improved, but more likely the different techniques of applying materials, shadows and whatever have improved in these years and thus making the finished product in game look better. There could be so many different reasons. ;)

Some cars are too recent to be for TDU1 though...

Very good point that I never even thought of ... :hmmm:

If you don't want to load the page, here's the picture:

I want the three minutes back that I spent saving that. :p

If you want a larger version, here it is. And, Atari, if you don't release at least the F50, the SEL AMG, and 037, I will be unhappy. In fact, I may even go so far as to write you an email, and I don't care if you don't read it. :cheeky:

-Leadfoot

How come some of TDU1 models are so rubbish but FM3 quality is brilliant? Is it because Eden did some of the models for TDU1?

Each game has a set number of poly's allowed, there is graphic engine restrictions etc. Eden Games graphic engine must only accept mid poly models, which can also be due to other things (File size, map etc) TDU was built from Xbox 360 source so the restrictions focused would be disk size, Forza 3 has 2 disks so obvious reason why would of been because of models, features etc.

That is why, least so I think... :D

First, to filter out what I need from that post of yours is a disaster xD

About the Challenger, BADNED once had the MSRP price of the production car as signature hint so I'm pretty sure it will be the production car.

I Put challenger concept as thats what it says on the list next to the pic, same for the camero! Although if they made it to the game, I'm sure they'd use the production cars!

Something slightly disconcerning is that it lists the statuses of the Camaro and Interceptor as Concepts.

At the top of the picture posted, the timeframe is Q4 2004 to Q4 2007, and both of the cars mentioned were indeed in concept status in Q4 2007.

Maybe these WERE TDU 1 cars / DLC that just didn't make it in?

Hopefully not the case though.

ME WANT RALLY CARS AND F50. Lol.

I really hope these cars make it into the game via DLC. I think they have to release plenty of DLCs to make up for the shortage of cars in the final list. I am not hoping for new manufacturers, I am hoping they will get the most out of the existing licenses, 'cause some of them like Nissan, Lancia, Subaru, Citröen, Ford and Chevrolet are really short on cars in TDU2.

I just hope they don't release DLCs with 1 or 2 interesting cars and the rest filled by Pagani Zondas and Veyrons with different paints:D, so they can stretch the money to the max. I want DLCs to actually have 5 to 10 new cars each and a MEGA DLC with lots of bikes and cars.:thumbsup:

I don't want these kinds of DLC packs:

-Pagani Zonda Whatever

-Bugatti Veyron Whatever

-Audi R8 Whatever

-Chevrolet Camaro Whatever

-FERRARI F50

This is just robbery!:twisted:

I am not hoping for new manufacturers, I am hoping they will get the most out of the existing licenses, 'cause some of them like Nissan, Lancia, Subaru, Citröen, Ford and Chevrolet are really short on cars in TDU2.

This.

I just hope they don't release DLCs with 1 or 2 interesting cars and the rest filled by Pagani Zondas and Veyrons with different paints:D, so they can stretch the money to the max. I want DLCs to actually have 5 to 10 new cars each and a MEGA DLC with lots of bikes and cars.

This as well.

This is just robbery!:twisted:

Indeed.

DLC's should, in theory, keep the game going longer. As in, it extends the game's life once it's been out for a while. In theory, the TDU2 downloadables should be new cars that are unveiled after the game's release. The Ferrari Four would be the most recent example.

But theory does not pay for Atari's four-year development schedule, so we have DLC's on day one. :rolleyes:

-Leadfoot

43,655 - Dodge Challenger SRT-8

I hope that thats suppose to be 43,555 and its the 2011 Challenger SRT-8 392:coolspot:

and that would explain why it didn't get put in the game as it just got officially announced a couple months back

or I could just be doing too much wishful thinking

I think they already have the cars modelled and ready to go, they just wanted to stretch the money to the max on DLCs.

Why would you launch a game with 175 cars for 49.99$ (for example) instead of releasing one with 101 cars for the same price but with 7+ DLC packs each for 7.99$?

I don't think this is true, and furthermore I have no proof, but I wouldn't be surprised, since this game is not like DiRT or NFS, games that every kind of people buy. TDU is a game that is all about fans that loved the first one, they know the game won't sell much, so, in order to be able to make some extra money they will release a massive amount of DLCs.

I will pay for them, unless they are too "stretched" like Car Packs with 4 different versions of existing cars and a single new car. I want to see to it that EDEN can make a TDU3. A project this huge and ambitious deserves to be funded. Specially since bigger companies waste so much money on crap.

TDU rocks!!!:thumbsup:

Here is the thing about DLC though, TDU1 can be bought in it's entirety for $60. The game when new was $40 and buying every DLC car cost only $20 or 1600 MS points. Unfortunately with a $50 game there is less room for DLC, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Maybe in some countries, here in Portugal I had to pay 120$ for the game and DLCs. Videogames cost 95$ at launch, plus the fact that in Portugal, salaries are about 700$ a month. So you may understand why I was so reluctant about buying the game and the DLCs. Besides, I think and HOPE that TDU2 will have much more DLCs than the first one. Hopefully, it will be worth the money!:thumbsup: