We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited Solar Crown

Milli

What about the map and the Project Sunrise topic from the Reddit Forum now?
At the moment we still lack almost all information about the new TDU SC.
Once again we can only speculate.

I do not know Brazil and have never been there.
Is there an 1:1 island in Brazil that could be considered for this?

Or is this complete Project Sunrise now Bullshit?

What do you think?

2 hours ago, IDprofile said:

I have no idea. I'm looking at it right now and I would assume it's the 'tdu-sc' channel. The discord is a mess. I browsed through some of the tdu-sc channel and it's way off topic. Got a few people in there making suggestions though... Suggestions like having pets in your home🙄 Think the best way to do it would be to pm the mod or a dev.

Yes, it's really a mess. People don't understand that if they make a mess of it, things will be lost and nobody will read it at all. 

20 minutes ago, -=[(ELVIS)]=- said:

What do you think?

Only one i can think out of head is Fernando de Noronha, but it's rather small. Beautiful though. 

On 7/7/2020 at 7:14 PM, CastleDandelion said:

Hopefully they learned from that. We dont need anymore big open world racers with shit handling.

3 hours ago, -=[(ELVIS)]=- said:

What do you think?

Most likely this is BS. 
I'll hit that it's Europe or Hawaii again.

10 hours ago, Mr. Nothing said:

Most likely this is BS. 

After Milli said there is no suitable island I belive this too.

Hawaii is cool and brings back memories. But I don't want to see Hawaii again in the new TDU.
I'm not completely against it but maybe later on as a map extension.

I want to see something new, something memorable so that you can remember the game later.

Bringing Hawaii back is like comparing crew 1 and crew 2.
That was, in my opinion, the biggest mistake Ivory Tower made back then.
I hope KT Racing doesn't make the same mistake and brings us back a game that reminds us of a "TDU" after a very long time.

If it doesn't have all the usual flaws

Spoiler

(auto-brakes below ~50kph, backwards reflection, glitchy 8-ply only,  No: ... pedestrians, ignition off, turn signals,  proper mirrors,  fuel indicator/gas stations)

to name a few...

Then ... I'd be great with a few (5-10) modern regular "slow" cars -80 -2020 ..(not just 1 antique 2cv).. to enjoy the larger range difference to all the fast cars.. and lets not forget.. fun :).

In short.. low mid AND high .. not JUST high... (and no there's no better place for it) my 2 cents.

Edited by Tobberian

On 7/9/2020 at 6:28 AM, -=[(ELVIS)]=- said:

After Milli said there is no suitable island I belive this too.

Hawaii is cool and brings back memories. But I don't want to see Hawaii again in the new TDU.
I'm not completely against it but maybe later on as a map extension.

I want to see something new, something memorable so that you can remember the game later.

Bringing Hawaii back is like comparing crew 1 and crew 2.
That was, in my opinion, the biggest mistake Ivory Tower made back then.
I hope KT Racing doesn't make the same mistake and brings us back a game that reminds us of a "TDU" after a very long time.

I'd really would like to go to Asia (Specially Japan, but in an place like Kyushu or Okinawa for being more coast island style instead of Tokyo and surrounding areas) or Australia this time.

We've overexplored US and Europe in almost all game genres, so we REALLY need something different.

And i doubt they'll bring an Game like TDU3 for the Southern Hemisphere (save for Oceania).

Brazil seems to fit for Forza Horizon, Call of Duty/Battlefield, and Grand Theft Auto (or any OTHER similar open world action-adventure game, like Mafia), but virtually impossible for TDU3's Island and "Quality of Life" Concept.

Edited by Mr. Nothing

10 hours ago, Mr. Nothing said:

I'd really would like to go to Asia (Specially Japan, but in an place like Kyushu or Okinawa for being more coast island style instead of Tokyo and surrounding areas) or Australia this time.

Okinawa would actually be pretty sweet. Size wise, it's smaller than O'ahu but bigger than Ibiza. It would also bring a good mix of urban and nature. It's truly an amazing peace of paradise. Kyushu would be great also, but it's a damm big island! 

Sadly though I don't think it would work with the whole TDU vibe myself as it doesn't have the pull or amour that Hawaii or Ibiza has. In the same way if I'm thinking of good driving roads, nice scenery, vibrant city life and 'The Highlife'...the French Riviera comes to mind rather than The Highlands of Scotland. 

For now All we can do is guess. I mean who'd to say it's even going to be an island? 

Edited by calster17

32 minutes ago, calster17 said:

Okinawa would actually be pretty sweet. Size wise, it's smaller than O'ahu but bigger than Ibiza. It would also bring a good mix of urban and nature. It's truly an amazing peace of paradise. Kyushu would be great also, but it's a damm big island! 

Sadly though I don't think it would work with the whole TDU vibe myself as it doesn't have the pull or amour that Hawaii or Ibiza has. In the same way if I'm thinking of good driving roads, nice scenery, vibrant city life and 'The Highlife'...the French Riviera comes to mind rather than The Highlands of Scotland. 

For now All we can do is guess. I mean who'd to say it's even going to be an island? 

this guy japans

ganbare GIF

11 hours ago, Mr. Nothing said:

We've overexplored US and Europe in almost all game genres, so we REALLY need something different.

And i doubt they'll bring an Game like TDU3 for the Southern Hemisphere (save for Oceania).

Brazil seems to fit for Forza Horizon, Call of Duty/Battlefield, and Grand Theft Auto (or any OTHER similar open world action-adventure game, like Mafia), but virtually impossible for TDU3's Island and "Quality of Life" Concept.

Hope not. I don't want another game after FH3 and FH4 with a left hand traffic. I would love to see some greek Island, or Corsica.

However the most important stuff is the handling, which ruined TDU2 way back then. Lets hope for the best.

(edit, The Jackal's first post/rant above mine appears to have been removed, so my reply makes less sense now)

Welcome to the forums, Jackal.  I'm also Aussie - I think it's fair to say we don't have to worry about them picking Oz since TDU usually goes for islands (but not gigantic continent-sized ones) at ~ 1:1 scale.

USA is overdone imo (NFS are well overdue to feature somewhere different) but I don't think Europe is overdone.  I guess most players just want to go somewhere they can't visit IRL (which right now is just about everywhere beyond the local shops for us in Melbourne, haha).

I'm pretty sure the majority of locations that could be selected have speed limits and slow drivers.  But I haven't visited too much of WA besides Kalgoorlie and Karatha.  

Try using paragraphs next time - they're much easier to read than that wall of text  😄 

California is well represented in The Crew 1 + 2, plus you mentioned that Los Angeles is in GTA V and Midnight Club LA.

I think the checklist for the TDU series tends to be:

* An Island that can be recreated in 1:1 scale or close enough.  Being an island means the world has no arbitrary borders and so is by nature "Unlimited"
* Coastal roads (obviously, it's an island)
* Twisty mountain roads with elevation changes
* Long highways for top speed
* Tunnels for sound appreciation
* Cities and built-up residential areas for extra immersion compared to NFS-style open worlds
* A rich/elite environment where supercars might not be too unexpected in real life

I don't see mainland Europe, America, Brasil (or any mainland) being used by TDU given that it traditionally has been based on elite islands.  Either way I can wait to find out more and explore a new location that I've hopefully never seen before.  I don't mind if they include O'ahu as a secondary or even DLC location but I wouldn't expect it to take primary focus.

I really hope the game is more similar to tdu 1 than tdu 2. This could be huge, and with good car sounds, it will smash forza horizon 4. Im playing tdu 1 and man, what a game. The feel you get in the cockpit of the cars is not even comparable to the bullshit we get on newer games. It feels authentic and realistic. And that combined with car dealers, houses to buy, etc, is what make this game amazing.

• 2 weeks later...