We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

StrickenHAWK?

And thus, after a gruesome 27-hour bus ride to Osnabrück, Germany, 8 hours of combined sleep in 5 days, 16-hour driving stints, getting lost in Poland (twice), 20 speed camera captures and getting stopped by probably the most beautiful traffic police officer on the planet, here she is:

10910462724_f6738ddc9a_c.jpg

My Mk.IV Golf GTI 2,3. Yes, that's the V5. Yes, it sounds awesome. Yes, it's quick enough to go beyond this:

10922228535_bc839abd3c_c.jpg

The 135i, a wolf if sheeps clothing! Why i love it. :D

Spent some time talking to the dealer. He was an enthusiast, so we agreed that the 70's and 80's were the golden era of motorsport, my dad was remembering the 3.0 CSL flying through Brno Circuit and the dealer said that manual transmission is the best. Give this man a cookie.

Much better than the sales guy I had, he was more interested in flogging me a diesel, Auto with a ton of extras than anything else, even after me saying I wanted the petrol & it had to be a manual! (the sheet I left with with all the payment plan & spec up still had 316d on it...)Typical of German dealers in the UK though from what I've gathered...Still may try my luck with the new 135i if i can.

Does sound nice :nods:

Manual in a 1 series with a 6 cyl should be plenty of fun if you're going to accelerate :nods:

I do like the colour :nods:

I do agree no xenon is not really clever :nods:

I do however think your 3 series is a much better and more practical car as a family car and if you do buy that 135i, once the hype about the powerful engine goes down you'll start to moan about things in which it's worse than your 3 series. The looks are not that great.

However if it is a 2nd car then it's a great lovely toy^^

-awesome-

Not surprised about your mum not liking the color, once you see one of these in Valencia Orange, you pretty much fall in love. I did, at least.

I got up to 195 on an uphill on a busy bahn test driving the Golf at around 6pm, so it's not really that hard unless you're in the wrong lane. It's all about flashing those high beams. There was some old poop in a brown PT Cruiser chugging his old shoe along on the inside lane, no less.

Lightness of tools is very Germanic. Those will only get lighter as new cars come, and I'm very surprised how people still go for flappy paddles and automatics because of that (apart from those improving along as well, but nevermind). New manuals are an absolute gas to drive, and I thought even my 15-year-old Golf is surprisingly pleasant in that respect. Apart from the crunch in first. If your parents DO end up getting it, and I sincerely hope they do, actually invite me along next time. I can't believe we had both come so far and were so close, I could have driven past you!

Funny, my mum is looking at the 1-Series Coupe now because VW aren't doing much to help her get into a MK7 Golf. She's not looking at getting a petrol though, I agree she probably needs a diesel due to her annual mileage. I didn't think it was too bad in the back of the 1-Series Coupe though, I had some space left over even with the front seat back to how the person in front wanted it and I'm not exactly short. I did get her interested in the new shape 125D despite its ungainly looks, then I found an Estoril Blue 120D that she also liked and is in her price range (same price as the previous generation 1-Series Coupe :s ) so I'm hoping she might want to look at that and not go any lower than a 120D. I made her laugh evilly when I told her it had the same power output as my step-dad's 330D :p

They had a Imola Red 135i with beige leather and nav at the dealer we visited which I really, really liked, but 50 miles a day at 30MPG or less will probably naff me off no matter how good the car is.